2 weeks after joining

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
TrueTransformation

2 weeks after joining

Post by TrueTransformation »

Hi y'all,
It's great to have a website like this. Not just to vent, but to express oneself. I came across this site few years ago, but for some reason did not commit to it. I'm glad I am now. It appears that coc doctrine and habits from it has become irrepressible for those who seek peace, joy and comfort. Although I still go by the name church of Christ which I recently had to begin a second time in a second city because of those who wanted me out, I do not hold on to almost any of their beliefs and ways. I sincerely believe Christ is not in them. The first thing they lack is the love of God. The 20% this website speaks of and of their nature is so true. I am from India. I live in India. I was educated in US for 5 years; got both bachelors and masters degree in Bible and a gold medallion for my Greek studies. I was given a promising career and great expectations of me. None of this meant a dime for me when I had the courage to live by faith in Christ, which evidently was so oblivious to coc's in India and in US. Quickly I became their greatest enemy. The only thing that they could not digest while denouncing me these 14 years is how I started opposing their way after having not known any other manner other than that of coc . I was born, raised and educated in coc. I worked in a coc bible college in India right after my return from US where they train students into becoming preachers. The college is run by my father who himself went to the same college as I . He is a staunch believer of the doctrine and church, but not in Christ. He is the first to have blamed me a heretic and announced it to the whole world by mouth and media. The reputable people from the US and friends began writing letters and emails questioning and confronting me, but I did not budge. They were taken aback that one of their own has turned against them for the faith they do not have. They considered it a huge assault on them.

Soon I realized I was being blamed for many things I don't even know of. My father and his entourage cooked up numerous stories about me of which some are unbearable so that none of the coc's in India or US would associate with me. He quickly turned the tide on me by claiming my associations with denominations (as they call them) and blamed my mother for my change. He sent 250 letters and many emails to the coc's in US. I just kept quiet leaving the matter to the Lord. There is perhaps not a church or eldership belonging to the 20% in the southern US that doesn't reject me. My mother was a very godly person and taught me faith in Christ. The coc's do not want to consider the simple meanings from the original text. When a need for their defense appears, they always choose an alternative interpretation that creates a no win situation for all parties. I have seen the power of evil reside in them, since they are not practical about repentance and deny the role of the Holy Spirit in a believer. Their only way forward is by denouncing other Christians. The 20% this website refers to controls all, if not 95% of the coc's in India. After 14 long years of striving I now see a tiny change in the coc's. A few are seeking to know Christ rather than the doctrine which profited them nothing. This is what I began when I found courage to live by faith, i.e. to preach Christ and not the church of christ. I have lost or rather had to leave all things for my beliefs, had to move away to another city, twice started from scratch, but I never lost the call of preaching the gospel to whomever God sent me to. In the process I also began a website named <www.onepurpose.in> so that many can rejoice in Jesus. The 20% in the US and the coc's in India need true transformation. In my striving in India I was able to bring a drop of change in the ocean. I now have a few disciples in Christ and hope they will soon begin the good work of the Lord. I hope to make many more. Still, a red flag is always raised in the coc's at the uttering of my name. Such is the power and intimidation my father poses to preachers and churches. Pray that my work will stand and that hurdles are overcome and that Satan is restrained so that many, if not all, from the coc's in India, the gentiles, i.e. the Hindus are brought to Christ and even others that need maturity come to the same. For I cannot refrain from preaching Christ owing to the joy He brings to those who choose to trust Him.
teresa
Site Admin

Re: 2 weeks after joining

Post by teresa »

Hi TrueTransformation

I am glad that you were able to post your Introduction this time. Welcome to the Support Board. You might also enjoy the Discussion Board, where the focus is more on Christian topics. Theoretically the CoC folks are welcome to post on the Discussion Board, but in practice they now rarely do so. However, there appear to be a number of people who are reading the Discussion Board who don't post, and it's likely that there are CoC folks in this number.

Your story is a very painful one. My husband Petros was shunned by his close relatives in a similar manner. I wonder if the reason your father is so loud in his condemnation of you, is because to do otherwise might result in your father being shunned also.

Petros' close relatives have such a poor understanding of God's will that they act out of fear rather than from the joy of knowing God. This has done tremendous harm to Petros and others. And we are right to be angry about it. Even so, I am trusting that our Father in heaven will see beyond the evil Petros' relatives have done, to their heart's good intent, and that our Father in heaven will be compassionate towards them.
TrueTransformation

Post by TrueTransformation »

Hi teresa,
Appreciate your support. I'll see if i can join the Discussion Board. I may be able to find some time for it. Thank you for asking me to. God bless.
Letmethink

Post by Letmethink »

Hello and welcome.

I remember a number of years ago when I began taking note of the fact that many churches of Christ were more interested in promoting doctrine - doctrine they denied having - more than they were promoting Christ. This was early on a long journey that slowly led me away from the conservative churches of Christ.

I hope that you are able to find this forum useful.