Hello again!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Jane

Hello again!

Post by Jane »

Good morning, I re-registered after being inactive for quite a while. I hope I will not have to go forward during the invitation song (spell check says investigation song, lol)! It's nice to see posts by folks I remember and to also see new names.

I left the coc 20 years ago and my husband still attends. I'm probably the reason he has not been asked to teach a class, etc. I joined the Methodist church maybe 15 years ago, got super involved and then fizzled out. Sometimes I wonder why it's so hard for me to commit to a church. Currently watching Joel osteen and a local progressive baptist church on TV. Secretly considering checking out the episcopal church but not quite brave enough yet.

Thanks for letting me come back in and I look forward to catching up on the topics here.
Jane
agricola

Re: Hello again!

Post by agricola »

Welcome back!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Letmethink

Post by Letmethink »

Welcome to this den of ex-ers of all varieties!
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

I left the c of c in June 2005.Then I found this site a couple of months later. I was active here until about a year or more before it crashed.In the meantime I left religion all together. My wife joined the Methodist Church.

I'm active on a site called ex-Christian.net & a little over a year ago a link to ex-church of Christ popped up when I was searching for Ex-Christian.net.

I checked the new site out & have just been hanging around causing trouble since then. I used the name Hudson when I originally found this site. I don't remember a "Jane" on the old board. Did you use a different name then?

Anyway, welcome back.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome back, Jane!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome! We are always glad to see our wanderers return!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages