I'm here...Again!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
julia_c247

I'm here...Again!

Post by julia_c247 »

Hi all! I am back from being away from this forum for a few years. I'm 21, a college student, (and hoping to finish soon, Lord willing)! and an ex- CoC member as well! I really hope to be engaged and give advice to others. Life has been good since I disappeared, however, my family drama (pertaining to the CoC) has started back up again, and I plan to update you all in the coming days and weeks. I'm happy to report that I am still a Christian (attending a non-denominational Church that teaches grace and love; both of which I did not receive in the CoC).

Just a short background, I was born into a CoC family - my grandfather is still a preacher in the CoC today. All of my dad's family still adheres and attends a church of Christ. I went to a progressive CoC for many of my childhood years, however, I went with my grandparents to their church at least 1 or 2 times a month due to my parents' busy work schedules. I also attended a school that was affiliated with the CoC. As I got older, I began having really bad anxiety, and for a period of time, depression, that had a lot to do with my CoC upbringing. I'm so beyond ungrateful that I was able to break free from the "fire and brimstone" Church of Christ. Some people ask me how I still believe in God despite everything I went through, and I tell them that it was God that saved me from those dark times. He pulled a miracle through me by opening my eyes to the grace and the overwhelming love that is offered through Him. I was reminded that Jesus walked on this Earth to put the righteous in their place, all while showing love to the poor, sinners, tax collectors, prostitutes, etc. This is how I must live my life - serving and loving others no matter where they come from. That is all I will say about my current faith, as this is not the purpose of this forum. I look forward to engaging with you all and journeying through life together!
Cootie Brown

Re: I'm here...Again!

Post by Cootie Brown »

Welcome back. I hope you can find the time to post some of your thoughts & experiences.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Yay!! Welcome back!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome back!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages