Renoir here

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
renoir

Renoir here

Post by renoir »

Hi, some of you may remember me from years ago. I figured I'd say hi and if anyone needs me they can reach me here.

I'm an atheist, but not a "New Atheist". I'm not militant about it, I just don't believe in any deity and find that super liberating and awesome, zero regrets. I'm nominally a Soto Zen Buddhism practitioner.

I have a theology/biblical studies degree and I used to talk quite a bit about that stuff. Much less no now, although when it's topical I might. But it matters much less to me than it used to when I was on my way out.
Shrubbery

Re: Renoir here

Post by Shrubbery »

Welcome, Renoir! I, too, feel liberated as a recent deconvert.
renoir

Post by renoir »

I was a member here for years, but it seems I didn't survive the several server crashes that happened over the years. I didn't even know if the board still existed.
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

I happened to find it just over a year ago when I was thinking about leaving the coc. So glad it's here! Very helpful to find I'm not alone.
Cootie Brown

Post by Cootie Brown »

Welcome back, I'm a non-believer too. And I do not intend to ever relinquish my freedom again. I tend to be just a tad militant, but just a little teeny bit. ;) :lol:
Last edited by Cootie Brown on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KLP

Post by KLP »

renoir wrote:I was a member here for years, but it seems I didn't survive the several server crashes that happened over the years. I didn't even know if the board still existed.
Each reincarnation of the server is bit different it seems and never is there retained memory.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

Welcome back!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I remember you, Renoir!! Welcome back!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
charmschooldropout

Post by charmschooldropout »

I remember you, Renoir. I rarely come to this board anymore, but am just checking in.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Hi Renoir. Apparently I'm as bad with names online as I am in real life. Sorry.

Welcome or welcome back, whichever works!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.