A re-introduction...

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Gone4Good

A re-introduction...

Post by Gone4Good »

It's been a while since I've been on here, which is obvious since it appears the old site crashed sometime in October and it's not late January and I just noticed. So, I thought it would be nice to reintroduce myself.

This month marks my six years out of the church of Christ denomination. I used to read this site years ago, long before I ever actually left, but then finally created an account and posted some when I finally said goodbye. I believe my old name was MovingForward.

I come from a die hard COC family. My father and virtually all other males in my family were preachers. A few others have left. Many have stayed. For the most part, they've stopped harassing me, but every once in a while I'll post something innocent enough on Facebook (like I did this week) that will bring their wrath and condemnation down on me. It used to upset me. I'd get all wound up and start doubting myself and sink into a depression. But now, I'm to the place where I'm able to look at them and just feel pity at their ignorance.

That's me in a very brief nutshell. I hope to post here more regularly in the future, not just for my own benefit, but because I feel a duty to help others who are going through the same thing. I couldn't have made it out with my sanity without the support of others who'd been there, done that and now I'm ready to pay it forward.
agricola

Re: A re-introduction...

Post by agricola »

Welcome back and thank you -
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
bnot

Re: A re-introduction...

Post by bnot »

Welcome back to the forum!