Finding Peace in the storm

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
CoCo711

Finding Peace in the storm

Post by CoCo711 »

Jesus is peace. However, finding this peace has been a difficult and continuous road. Jesus can heal our hearts. I am living proof of it. As a former member of "The Church" I have been outcast by the group. My grandmother continues to tell me I am going to hell and deserve it because Im sending my children to hell as well. All because I am a Christian who attends a community christian church. I am sure some of you are dealing with the same issues as well. For the first time in 40 years I am ready to part ways with my beloved grandmother. I love her so much. I am so grateful to her for taking care of me as a child. However, my spirit is tired. Depression and anxiety in the name of Christ isn't a way of life. Prayers are appreciated during this time for me. Thank you!
teresa
Site Admin

Re: Finding Peace in the storm

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board. My husband Petros has had to limit contact with his parents because their withdrawal from him caused so much pain. In addition, Petros' parents lied to us in order to get our children alone on one visit, and then took our children to the church we were attending to show them that the church did not baptize "for the forgiveness of sins". Petros' parents told our children that Petros and I, their Bible teachers, and their church friends were all going to hell. The kids came home traumatized.

One of Petros' brothers appears to take grim satisfaction in the withdrawal, but he virtually ignored Petros before that anyway. That same brother did intervene a few years ago to make sure than Petros -- who had traveled for two days to attend a close relative's funeral -- was forbidden to share a meal with the family afterwards.

I think Petros' family is more extreme than some CoC families.
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

Welcome. I will add you to my morning intercessions.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Here is what you do. Find some doctrinal inconsistency in your granmother's church practice or doctrine. Then tell her that she is going to hell and will burn right next to you. And say since you both going to hell you'd rather go your way than her way.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

Coco711-Please do not give up on your grandmother. Ask Jesus to help you to forgive her and love on her instead. She has been brainwashed. We were all brainwashed at one time. But we are blessed to have been led out of that false religion. Satan invented all of these different false religions to cause dissensions between people and it works. His goal is to get us so focused on finding the right "group/religion" to belong to instead of finding Jesus.

When you talk to her and she tells you that you are going to hell, tell her every time, "I already know that you feel this way. You know that I don't agree with you, but I still and always will love you and that will never change, no matter what you say to me." Then change the subject by bringing up something wonderful she did for you as a child. Tell her that every time and watch the evil melt away. Tell her that from now on you will shower her with the love of Jesus. Show her the love of Jesus by sending her cards, letters, and sweet voicemails. She doesn't know Who He is, but you do.

Did you read and watch the video about Johnny Lee Clary and Wade Watts under the topic of 'Former KKK found new path' in the Tea House board? Wade Watts showed this man the love of Jesus and Johnny Lee Clary's hatred was destroyed. Wade Watts did his part and showed him the love of Jesus and the Holy Spirit did the rest. Watch and read about it, it is inspiring.

Remember what Ephesians 6:12 says, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. She is allowing the enemy to speak through her. Do not take it personal!

Plus, when you do this Jesus' way, He will bless you with the sweetest peace. That depression and anxiety is from the enemy. He wants you to give up on her. DON'T DO IT! Start praising God instead for this wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth and you will see that depression and anxiety lift right off of you! Ask Jesus for ways to show her His love through you. I'm praying for you!