Hello from South Carolina

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
RonHowes65

Hello from South Carolina

Post by RonHowes65 »

Introducing Ron Howes, nothing to hide it’s a real name. Graduate from Florida College 1970, lots of good friends and family still in the nicoc. I was a Gospel Preacher for 20 years Hawaii Alaska Minnesota Arizona and New Mexico. Divorced and entered the Army at age 40 in 1990. Left the Church Of Christ started a spiritual journey through Disciples of Christ, Lutheran for a decade due to the healing relationship of a Lutheran chaplain in the Army. Retired Army LTC, Now with the Independent Christian Church . Remarried, wife a devout Catholic, we attend each other’s service frequently, preach occasionally, two adopted kids. Retired PhD Clinical Psychologist. Doing a Master’s degree in Church History and Theology through an Anglican seminary. No one has accused me of being bored. Looking forward to being with y’all. Really needed a place like this in 1990.
teresa
Site Admin

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Ron!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
flawed

Post by flawed »

Welcome!
agricola

Post by agricola »

Nobody could possibly call you boring, either! Fascinating life. Enjoy the board (we hope).
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

We check a lot of the same boxes: former NI preacher, stop-over in Lutheranism, veteran, divorced and remarried, studied at 'denominational' schools - I've even lived in SC! Welcome sir! Share at will.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome from Texas.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

RonHowes65 wrote:Introducing Ron Howes, nothing to hide it’s a real name. Graduate from Florida College 1970, lots of good friends and family still in the nicoc. I was a Gospel Preacher for 20 years Hawaii Alaska Minnesota Arizona and New Mexico. Divorced and entered the Army at age 40 in 1990. Left the Church Of Christ started a spiritual journey through Disciples of Christ, Lutheran for a decade due to the healing relationship of a Lutheran chaplain in the Army. Retired Army LTC, Now with the Independent Christian Church . Remarried, wife a devout Catholic, we attend each other’s service frequently, preach occasionally, two adopted kids. Retired PhD Clinical Psychologist. Doing a Master’s degree in Church History and Theology through an Anglican seminary. No one has accused me of being bored. Looking forward to being with y’all. Really needed a place like this in 1990.

I bet you are bored. :lol:

Welcome.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

agricola wrote:Nobody could possibly call you boring, either! Fascinating life. Enjoy the board (we hope).

I did. :lol:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx