Left the cofc 20+ years ago

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Grace1973

Left the cofc 20+ years ago

Post by Grace1973 »

Hello All, I left the cofc 20+ years ago. I'm joining this forum to gain perspective as well as give perspective about the cofc teaching and how damaging it can be to people.

I was raised in the movement at birth, both my parents were devout, although due to divisions that seem to always happen in the movement from my experience, they both started to attend different cofc's that they both thought were correct. I had had enough at about 21 years old due to all the division and questions about everything growing up, hopping from one church to another due to a split in the church like the boston movement or an argument about inferences etc. going from the middle of the road churches, then to the anti church then to a real liberal church of christ. I've seen a lot and hope to add some value to the board...
Cootie Brown

Re: Left the cofc 20+ years ago

Post by Cootie Brown »

Welcome Grace1973, I hope you find this site helpful and informative.
Grace1973

Post by Grace1973 »

Cootie Brown wrote:Welcome Grace1973, I hope you find this site helpful and informative.
Thank you! Love the things you don't miss about the cofc thread you posted. Smiling reading all of em lol...
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome Grace!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
agricola

Post by agricola »

Hi Grace, and welcome to the ex-board.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Grace1973

Post by Grace1973 »

Ivy wrote:Welcome Grace!!

Thank you!
Grace1973

Post by Grace1973 »

agricola wrote:Hi Grace, and welcome to the ex-board.
Thank you!
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the Support Group.