Hi all

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
GraceFaith

Re: Hi all

Post by GraceFaith »

Sheba wrote: I came here today because I had run across an online sermon by the cofC about hand clapping and how sinful it is. I don't know why, but I listened to the entire thing. Just steaming.

Oh, the hand-clapping sin. I know that all too well.
I was always so puzzled by the fact that after someone was baptized, no one clapped.
I mean, if this is the very event that all of you people here sitting in this auditorium believe has given this person access to HEAVEN for all of ETERNITY, the event that has taken them from DEATH to LIFE, then why on earth aren't you clapping? Cheering?! Jumping up and down?!
That was something that always bothered me to my very core.
ena

Post by ena »

GraceFaith wrote:
Sheba wrote: I came here today because I had run across an online sermon by the cofC about hand clapping and how sinful it is. I don't know why, but I listened to the entire thing. Just steaming.

Oh, the hand-clapping sin. I know that all too well.
I was always so puzzled by the fact that after someone was baptized, no one clapped.
I mean, if this is the very event that all of you people here sitting in this auditorium believe has given this person access to HEAVEN for all of ETERNITY, the event that has taken them from DEATH to LIFE, then why on earth aren't you clapping? Cheering?! Jumping up and down?!
That was something that always bothered me to my very core.
Christian Pharasee's are not saved. Keeping the Church party-line about what is sin is ridiculous. You can keep the church party line and end up in the lake of fire, Non sins are made into sins so you ignore the real sins. There are many examples. Missing a service, missing communion, drinking wine, dancing, instrumental music, divorce and, Denominations are evil. I you read the Bible you will not find these. You will find extremes. You can slice and dice examples. For Instance Communion should be in an upper room. Most CoC's are single story. Jesus used wine not grape juice. If you look at it carefully the whole structure collapses into dust. I have been in churches where you might hear agreement with the preacher shouted from the pews. There are as many variations of belief and observances as there are humans. Individual sin natures and patterns also vary in detail. In my church the most over looked sin was gossip, lying and character assassination. This was done by the Queen Pharasee. I am GLAD you are in a better place. They exist.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

First they clapped hands, the came the instrument, then came the dreaded grocery store stamp bingo.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

B.H. wrote:First they clapped hands, the came the instrument, then came the dreaded grocery store stamp bingo.
And a "Go Fund Me" page for their rumpus room and church bus ministry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~