Intro

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Boz

Intro

Post by Boz »

Hey everyone,

Been lurking here for a few days and got finally figured I'd start contributing a little. Probably not a lot as being an 'ex' CoCer is still pretty difficult for me to discuss even six years later, but hey... gotta start somewhere.

~Boz
FinallyFree

Re: Intro

Post by FinallyFree »

Welcome! I also left the CofC around six years ago. Please join in and contribute!
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome Boz!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

welcome aboard!
agricola

Post by agricola »

Hi Boz and welcome to the ex board. Do feel free to browse around, and comment on anything you find - even the old stuff if you like.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Hi, Boz. Welcome to our hideout. Whatever your trauma or experience with the COC, you will find people here who understand.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
ena

Post by ena »

Boz wrote:Hey everyone,

Been lurking here for a few days and got finally figured I'd start contributing a little. Probably not a lot as being an 'ex' CoCer is still pretty difficult for me to discuss even six years later, but hey... gotta start somewhere.

~Boz
The CoC plays the guilt card well. True Christians are forgiven by the sacrifice that Jesus fullfilled. He generally agreed with the father to complete the covenant God had made with Moses at Sinai also called the Mountain of God. It is in the land of Midian which is in Saudi Arabia. The site is currently being hidden by Saudis. The Golden calf was probably the bull Apis. He is a Egyptian God. They were pagans. The Children of Israel were very corrupted. The ten commandments were necessary because they did not recognize sin. Egyptian royalty engaged in incest. King Tut was the result of brother and sister mating. Their mummies are known and the DNA confirms it. Tut had a club foot as a result of inbreeding. There should be no guilt because you are forgiven if you accept Jesus as Lord. This means king. This is not understood in the Church of Christ who has a hate filled form of Christianity. The ones who are afraid of Judgement are Demons and Satan. This because they will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Church of Christ members are often afraid of the same treatment because they follow the doctrines of demons. Ignorance of Jesus is no excuse because Jesus acts as Judge in full knowledge of your spiritual status. Nothing is hidden. The most common sin in the Church of Christ is pride. Out of this springs gossip and pointing that others have failed the Church of Christ way. Nowhere is this connected to God's way. What Jesus said is not covered in detail or understood. Even Christians are sinners. Man is that way. It is about being freed from your sin because we are all stinkers. It leaves you free to operate in the world without being drug down with your own sins. Been out for 50 years and still learning about the lies I was taught. I hope you can find some comfort here while you recover in fresh air.
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Welcome Boz!
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »