Introducing- Hi All and blessings

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
brianc

Introducing- Hi All and blessings

Post by brianc »

Hi Everyone. I'm Brian. Grew up in CofC. When I had the unfortunate circumstance of divorce, and then eventually loving again I and my new wife were sent registered letters saying we were no longer part of the congregation. My sisters don't associate with me anymore but act normal when I see them (at funerals). Sad situation. I have found a very loving church family and have been attending it (Four Square) for the past 17 years. I am learning about relationship rather than religion and am blessed.
Ivy

Re: Introducing- Hi All and blessings

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Brian!! Glad you are here.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Many COCs are very strict about divorce and remarriage. What a shame—they run off so many good people.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Sorry about yet another story of broken relationship by the CofC. Blessings to you in your new life.
Lerk

Post by Lerk »

Welcome aboard, Brian!

After 17 years, what brings you here?

Looking forward to getting to know you.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Hi Brian-
welcome to the ex board - do feel free to browse through existing discussions - and anything you want to resurrect, just add a comment.
Is 'Four Square' a Baptist variety?
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.