New here, left c0c 20+ years ago

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Cowbell S.

New here, left c0c 20+ years ago

Post by Cowbell S. »

Hello all.

I left the c0c more than 20 years ago, having been raised in the church. I’m exploring some new aspects of recovery from the past and decided to stop by. Peace to all.

C.S.
zeek

Re: New here, left c0c 20+ years ago

Post by zeek »

Welcome, Cowbell S. I hope you find something here of worth and benefit to you on your journey of recovery.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Welcome aboard. Feel free to share anything you'd like, we're all I think still recovering as well.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Cowbell. What a great screen name. :lol:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex-board of fellow dropouts!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Cowbell S.

Post by Cowbell S. »

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Been a busy week so not much time for posting. Overall I’ve been coming to a realization of how bizarre and unhealthy my early life and faith experience was. I’ve been looking at various threads and am comforted, for what it’s worth, to see I’m not the only one.

After 20 years I have found my way back into a faith family, totally different. It kind of highlights the darkness of former days.

Anyway. Not here to trigger anyone either! Thanks for just being there.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Cowbell S. wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:47 pm Anyway. Not here to trigger anyone either! Thanks for just being there.
We've all been here so long we're not easily triggered...LOL!! No worries. Well, speaking for myself anyway. :)
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~