New and time to talk to people I guess

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Rescued2x

New and time to talk to people I guess

Post by Rescued2x »

I'm just beginning to be able to process what's happened to me, so am relieved to find several groups to talk to. I feel like an
outsider mostly, and feel like I'm dumping on my friends to talk about so many years! I'm a pk, but also was in a cult that was very
similar to the Basic Life principles groups. I readily can say I was in a cult, but when I start talking about specifics, I feel sick, and
so I don't. Probably not the healthiest thing to do.
zeek

Re: New and time to talk to people I guess

Post by zeek »

Welcome to the group.
"All things are difficult before they are easy."(found in a fortune cookie)
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the oppressed. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Forgetting isn't healing." Elie Wiesel
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

This is a safe place to vent. We have all been there. Welcome!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex board. We are a diverse group!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Rescued2x!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~