I'm back!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Tsathoggua

I'm back!

Post by Tsathoggua »

Well, I am back in the forum!

I just joined a few weeks before the old forum ceased to exist. I had just done an introductory note and a few posts, and then POOF! -- it just disappeared one day! I'm glad that it has returned.
agricola

Re: I'm back!

Post by agricola »

I've been around several years (seven?) and this is about the third (or fourth) such move. Always a hassle and always we lose some WONDERFUL material - we are glad you found us again, and hope you stick around and build some more wonderful discussion threads.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Starr

Post by Starr »

Welcome! And I'm trying to figure out what your username could possibly mean, lol. Um, any clues? I wasn't on the board when you joined. I was unable to get back into my old acct after a few weeks/months(?) away. So maybe you said then. But I'd love to hear it.
Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together. ~ Liz Taylor
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

Starr wrote:Welcome! And I'm trying to figure out what your username could possibly mean, lol. Um, any clues? I wasn't on the board when you joined. I was unable to get back into my old acct after a few weeks/months(?) away. So maybe you said then. But I'd love to hear it.

I have long been a fan of horror writer H. P. Lovecraft (1890-1937). He and his pals came up with what is now called the "Cthulhu Mythos" :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu_Mythos

One of the deities in this fictional universe is called Tsathoggua, the toad-god :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsathoggua

It was Lovecraft's pal Clark Ashton Smith who actually came up with the character.

I always liked the name (heck, I likes Cthulhu, too; who doesn't? Ha!), so I decided to appropriate it for myself when I first decided to join this message board.
Starr

Post by Starr »

Cool. And thanks for explaining. 8-)
Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together. ~ Liz Taylor
Ramblin' Jack

Post by Ramblin' Jack »

Welcome, Tsathoggua!
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

welcome back.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
lvmaus

Post by lvmaus »

WELCOME, glad you're here.
Unity in diversity
Carl Kolchak

Post by Carl Kolchak »

I thought that handle was from Lovecraft. It's a completely unpronounceable mass of consonants and a few beleaguered vowels in between, so that was the first clue.