ex-CoC undercover

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Clearrunway

ex-CoC undercover

Post by Clearrunway »

Hi there, new ex-CoC athiest here, currently attending against my will, hopefully not for too much longer.

I was wondering if anyone here used to belong to any church in the Wichita, Kansas area. also, has anyone here been to Florida College?
agricola

Re: ex-CoC undercover

Post by agricola »

Hi Clearrunway and welcome to the ex-board.
I can't speak for Kansas but I know there are some folks here who went to Florida College. Maybe they'll even admit it!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
NeverAgain

Post by NeverAgain »

Welcome, clearrunway. Hope you get out sooner rather than later. There will never be a perfect time. I am a fellow atheist, so it's doubly good to have you.

Everyone here had to fight the good fight to get out of the CofC, so you'll have plenty of support and encouragement here.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
Clearrunway

Post by Clearrunway »

Thanks for the welcomes and all that. And yeah, I was kind of expecting nothing from Kansas. With the exception of myself they seem to be doing a very good job of holding on to their youth

I myself did not go to FC (I did consider it, but by that time my faith was all but gone) but I have close family that did.
eyerollfacepalm

Post by eyerollfacepalm »

Clearrunway wrote:also, has anyone here been to Florida College?
I've got two immediate family members who attended Florida College. Visited there myself during my senior year in high school and immediately decided not to go there. Scary place.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I used to know a one cup preacher many years ago from Whichita.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Aarin

Post by Aarin »

Welcome to the community.

I went to FC from '08-'09. Among many experiences there (And lack thereof), I walked away with a mountain of student debt, emptiness, and questioning the church in a way that I never had before. I don't think that that was in their curriculum but I am very thankful that I began to question it all. Did you attend?
" Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change."