Hello Every One -- chattykitty

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
chattykitty

Hello Every One -- chattykitty

Post by chattykitty »

Hello every one! I grew up in the "Ultra Conservative," Church of Christ... I know completely the deep twisted man made operations of this cult and once I was of age, I have for the last 39+ years tried my best to de-program myself from all the extreme abuse in every fashion given me. My life has been an uphill struggle. For many years I was and still am so afraid of God that I ran and ran through out my life. Numerous times I even tried to propel myself to hell and just get it over with since it was ingrained in me since a baby that I am a bad person. That God was angry at me and I am domed for eternal hell. I never heard the word "Grace," until I was in my twenties and visited a Baptist church. I sat in that pew frozen and stunned to hear a sermon on it. I have never felt true forgiveness inspite of my searching for it and the meaning there of. After years of running in absolute FEAR... I finally started reading the Bible for myself in a safe place and I was so shocked in page after page completely contradicted everything stomped in me. I am still trying to recover and am hoping maybe this site will give me hope and healing. Maybe, I will get stable and balanced? I am today, still deeply effected and so are my 3 brothers. What a piece of work this church is...
GMan

Re: Hello Every One -- chattykitty

Post by GMan »

Welcome, glad that you are here.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board.
KLP

Post by KLP »

welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex board.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
bnot

Post by bnot »

yes, once you read the Bible for yourself without the aid of the coc you can see how ridiculous they are. And they claim they are the only ones who interpret the Bible correctly :lol: Welcome to the forum!
Aarin

Post by Aarin »

Welcome to the community; I'm thankful that you and your brothers made it out.
It seems that we all have scars from our experiences with the church, but we made it!
" Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change."