Hi there :)

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
tallblendedmocha

Hi there :)

Post by tallblendedmocha »

Hi everyone! I just registered. I left the coc a few years ago. Have not been happy with many of of the "denominations" I have visited (I firmly believe that the coc itself is a denomination). Although, there is one recently that has been very good --and has several ex coc members there. They do teach baptism for the forgiveness of sins and partake of the Lord's supper (only once a month). I am thankful to be out finally and have been "on the road to recovery" for some time now. Suffered the spiritual abuse of some family members (and friends), but as time goes on and I'm not weekly being brainwashed, I have been able to see more realities and facts about the coc that I was not allowed to even entertain while being enslaved there. Anyway, I hope to be of some help here (if I can) and I do thank whomever put up this board! :D
GMan

Re: Hi there :)

Post by GMan »

Welcome, glad that you have left. You are among friends who understand.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex-board - enjoy yourself!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome!
cathym

Post by cathym »

Welcome!
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Hello and welcome!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
KLP

Post by KLP »

welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Hello.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Aarin

Post by Aarin »

Welcome!
" Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet it is the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world that yields most painfully to change."