Hello all!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
RDpatton

Hello all!

Post by RDpatton »

Having stumbled across this site quite by accident, I had no idea there was a support group for ex CofC. I left Texas in 1986 and worked my way to NC. After living and working in Clayton for 17 years I moved again to Smithfield and fell in with the United Pentecostal Church...boy what an experience that was back in my 30's!! Now...I have worked my way to NY and have moved my 13 year old daughter up here too. I have been here 3 years already and I am divorced now after a 14 year marriage.

My name is David. I am 50 now and still being pressured by my family to find a CofC and return to the congregation.

Sadly...I dont believe in the doctrines taught in my childhood church. Well most I believe, but some I dont believe anymore and I am tired of debating my family over what I now believe.

I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins and the sins of the world. I believe He has done all the work...I have faith that Jesus is my Savior. I pray constantly. For anyone and everyone...and I ask forgiveness at the same time letting forgiveness flow from me. Do I feel guilty? Yes...but at the same time I also feel like I have done the right thing.

So Hello all! Glad to be here finally.
agricola

Re: Hello all!

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the board - you will find a lot of different folks to talk to!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

RDpatton wrote:fell in with the United Pentecostal Church...

Had a UPC experience for a while myself. That short period of time was an important part of my recovery process.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
bnot

Post by bnot »

Welcome to the forum!
GMan

Post by GMan »

Hell-o David, welcome.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire