So happy to find this website!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
gingerbrad

So happy to find this website!

Post by gingerbrad »

I grew up in the CoC but God has been faithful to lead my husband and I out of its oppressive teachings and into freedom and truth. Dealing with family members can be challenging though. So thankful to find this site. What I've read so far rings true! Can't wait to tell my sister who God recently delivered from a terribly abusive church situation and really opened her eyes to Who HE is and who she is in Him. Praying God blesses many through this site! So excited to read more!
agricola

Re: So happy to find this website!

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the board.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

So glad to have you here!
GMan

Post by GMan »

You are among friends, welcome.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Welcome and stay a spell.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
onward

Post by onward »

Welcome ... While you might not agree wholeheartedly with every post, it is a good starting place to understand some of the messy COC teachings, and how others are handling their changes. Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism.
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism