New Member Thanks for Welcome

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Plan9

New Member Thanks for Welcome

Post by Plan9 »

Hi.

Had no idea there was an ex-CoC support Website. Should have checked it out earlier. Actually ran across it when doing some research on ex-Mormons. I''m a 4th generation CoC. Family converted by circuit-preacher on horseback in Oklahoma in the 1800's. I moved away while at Pepperdine. Over the years, my family members (mother, father, sister, brother) came with me although mother and father stayed fellowshipping a CoC congregation due to culture and comfort. Love how the CoC focuses on knowing the Bible. Find that unique to the many donominations I've attended over the years. Currently being ordained in the Nazarine Church although at hear I'm closes to Christian Church. Love taking communion weekly. God bless.
GMan

Re: New Member Thanks for Welcome

Post by GMan »

Welcome
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex board!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, and Merry Christmas!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
juliac

Post by juliac »

Welcome! Hope you can find encouragement here.
Currently writing a book based on my experiences as a child in the CoC. Watch for updates so I can include other ex-members insights :)