If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Don Tisdel

Post by Don Tisdel »

Hi. Just recently joined and it has taken back to my past. Here is a short history and if anyone knows about some of the events it would be neat to hear.
In the middle to late 1950's my dad preached at the Broadway coc in Lubbock tx. I found on the Internet a talk he gave at abilene Christian college on'cottage meetings'. From there we moved to the Portland Oregon area. When I was about 7th or 8th grade my dad got the calling to go Twain and spread the word. I attended high school at Columbia Christian in Portland. I went for 4 years and gaduated from pmthere. My dad was in twain for those 4 yrs coming home once for a short time and then went back. Now with just mom and me church was not a high priority. I sincerely tried to attend up into my 20's but did never return for any length of time. The website has stirred many memories that I thought I was the only one who felt the guilt and fear of going the hell and really couldn't do anything about it. thank you for the opportunity to share a common life.
agricola

Re: New member

Post by agricola »

Hey Don - I am moving your post to the 'welcome forum'.
agricola
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
agricola

Post by agricola »

AND -

Welcome to the ex-board! Enjoy your stay.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome!
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
KLP

Post by KLP »

welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
onward

Post by onward »

Welcome
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism
red letter man

Post by red letter man »

I'm a "new guy" here as well, I bid you welcome. It is not just "us few" who left. There is even a page on Wikipedia devoted to Ex C of C...must be a growing phenomena. These good folks on this board won't tell you that you are going to hell... a few like me may feel they left it.