North Alabama

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Shrubbery

Re: North Alabama

Post by Shrubbery »

I'm also in north Alabama. Seems like you can't go a mile without hitting a "conservative" coC here.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

You know Foy Wallace Jr was a cousin to your Governor George Wallace?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Artfrog61

Post by Artfrog61 »

I’m from Florence. I was a COC Lifer, but I escaped 12 years ago and never looked back. My Dad was an ultra-conservative COC preacher. It hurt him when I quit, but I decided I couldn’t stay in that mess just so I wouldn’t hurt him because it was hurting ME. It never made sense to me and I can’t believe that I stayed in it that long. Very happy to find this group. I still have sisters and who are very devout, but they leave me alone now and accept me. I’m happy for that. I know they think I’m going to hell. Whatever....
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome to the board, ArtFrog. We are a varied group of COC escapees who have gone in different directions. I hope you will find our group helpful.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Welcome to the board, Artfrog.