New Handle- old visitor a decade ago

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
EricPrine

New Handle- old visitor a decade ago

Post by EricPrine »

Handle- is that still an online term? Anyway, thought I'd politely say hello and introduce myself since I'm back out here. I was involved in a Campbell Stone church 15+ years ago (40 years old now). In recent years I've leaned towards liturgical worship and I've been trying to research the philosophical trends throughout Church history for personal interests and thought I might find some good stuff out here.
Anyway, hi :)
agricola

Re: New Handle- old visitor a decade ago

Post by agricola »

Hi back.
This discussion board is largely for venting and consoling, but feel free to participate. You might find more substantive stuff of the sort you are interested on the main portal to the discussion boards, ex-churchofchrist.com There are some articles and essays there addressing the history and teachings of the Campbell-Stone movement.

And also, how that movement's teachings have diverged from 'normal' traditional Christianity along the way.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Shrubbery

Post by Shrubbery »

Welcome! I don't think people use "Handle" anymore. :lol: But that's ok. Most of us are old enough to understand. :mrgreen:

I look forward to reading what you find! Certainly an interesting topic.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome back from an old member with the same old handle. :P
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Shrubbery wrote:Welcome! I don't think people use "Handle" anymore. :lol:
I bet old school truckers do.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~