Thank you for having me here!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Actech1958

Thank you for having me here!

Post by Actech1958 »

I am ex-Church of Christ member of 50 years, who broke free from the bondage of religion and now enjoy freedom in a relationship with our savior Christ Jesus. I hope to be an inspiration to others and help them to transition into a new walk with our Lord. Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you "free" from the law of sin and death.
Ivy

Re: Thank you for having me here!

Post by Ivy »

Welcome!!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Actech1958

Post by Actech1958 »

Ivy wrote:Welcome!!!

Thank You!!
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

So glad you have joined us! I spent 54 years in the CofC. I am so happy with my new life!
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex-board! you will find a diverse group of exers to engage yourself with.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Welcome, enjoy the euphoria. looking forward to hearing more
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome!
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
GMan

Post by GMan »

An honor to have you with us.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
Opie

Post by Opie »

Actech1958 wrote:I am ex-Church of Christ member of 50 years, who broke free from the bondage of religion and now enjoy freedom in a relationship with our savior Christ Jesus. I hope to be an inspiration to others and help them to transition into a new walk with our Lord. Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you "free" from the law of sin and death.
Glad you're here AC. It always amazes me how so many in the CoC will take verses like Romans 8:1-2 and say "I know that's what it says, but that's not what it means!" And then they proceed to put the old "CoC spin" on the verses. They also have a lot of problems with verses like Romans 10:9-13. In fact, in my experience the CoC tended to ignore almost all of the book of Romans.
"If I had to define my own theme, it would be that of a person who absorbed some of the worst the church has to offer, yet still landed in the loving arms of God." (From the book 'Soul Survivor' by Philip Yancy)
Actech1958

Post by Actech1958 »

Opie wrote:
Actech1958 wrote:I am ex-Church of Christ member of 50 years, who broke free from the bondage of religion and now enjoy freedom in a relationship with our savior Christ Jesus. I hope to be an inspiration to others and help them to transition into a new walk with our Lord. Romans 8:1-2 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you "free" from the law of sin and death.
Glad you're here AC. It always amazes me how so many in the CoC will take verses like Romans 8:1-2 and say "I know that's what it says, but that's not what it means!" And then they proceed to put the old "CoC spin" on the verses. They also have a lot of problems with verses like Romans 10:9-13. In fact, in my experience the CoC tended to ignore almost all of the book of Romans.

Opie, You are so correct!!