Left coc long ago. Husband left recently..

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Kray66

Left coc long ago. Husband left recently..

Post by Kray66 »

Hi, thanks for letting me be a part of this forum. I married a coc man. I wasn't raised coc, but of course I was made to convert. I went through an 8 week class.. I attended for 13 years and then I knew I had to leave and take my kids with me. I started back to my old church. My husband didn't like it. He would sometimes say that I've shamed him. His family and church family would tell him this too... About 5 years ago he left us and started a relationship with a coc woman. That ended and we reconciled. Well, he left me again and said it's because I'm not a believer, or a follower of the true gospel. He said that our children's blood is on his hands, because they are going to hell. We have been married for 28 years. It's been a struggle. When he'd try and leave the coc his family and members of the church would hound him, ridicule him. He has left me out to dry. I have no clue where he's staying. I fought for my marriage for almost 3 decades, but I'm tired now. I'm done. Thanks for letting me vent.
FinallyFree

Re: Left coc long ago. Husband left recently..

Post by FinallyFree »

So sorry you have had such a hard time. Hope you can find some comfort here.
Kray66

Post by Kray66 »

Thanks so much..
KLP

Post by KLP »

Welcome. It was hard to read that and contemplate all the things you and your kids have been through and the disappointment/sadness. Hopefully there are better days and memories ahead.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
bnot

Post by bnot »

Thanks for sharing, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear what you are going through, and of course most people who are deep in the coc think they can say who goes to hell and who does not. They have no power to say where someone is going, and the arrogant stance of the coc still blows my mind. You will find plenty of support here :)
agricola

Post by agricola »

And welcome to the ex-board. That is quite a history, I'm very sorry you are going through that. I hope things improve.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
onward

Post by onward »

Yikes! another example of the holier-than-thou CoC creating ridiculous guilt trips in an attempt to control its members. Unfortunately, they could care less about the damage they create in families, or so brainwashed they think it's their duty to Insure your exact conformity to their rigid beliefs ... either way it's not right.

Sorry you are going through this mess. Hang in there!
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome! Come in and enjoy a cry or two, and even a laugh or two.
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
gladILeft

Post by gladILeft »

i'm saddened to hear about your struggles...there are no words of comfort one can give other than (hugs)
candace

Post by candace »

Hugs! Glad you left the church, but so sorry you have to deal with all of this...