Ladies I want to hear your thoughts

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
foolsgold

Ladies I want to hear your thoughts

Post by foolsgold »

Hi I'm new to the site and I'm an artist in graduate school getting my MFA. I grew up heavily involved in the CoC but I have not been a Christian for ten years. Right now I'm writing my thesis on how as a woman the CoC ideology has affected my life and art. I have found that years after my renouncement of the faith I was acting in way attributable to a lack of female spiritual leadership (among other issues). I have found a lot of research on men writing specifically about the CoC and how it affected them, but very few women and I think that is telling. I was wondering if any other women had any thoughts how it has influenced other nonreligious areas of your life. Negatively and positively. This is just for my personal research so your privacy will be respected. Please feel free to directly message me as well. I would really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
agricola

Re: Ladies I want to hear your thoughts

Post by agricola »

I'd suggest you start by reading the thread 'How the coc affected me as a child' on the Spiritual, Physical and Emotional Abuse forum. Several of the posters there are women (and if you can't tell by the username, you could ask). There are some common themes.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.