North Alabama CoC refugee here

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Ivy

Re: North Alabama CoC refugee here

Post by Ivy »

Welcome!!
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
ena

Post by ena »

Hi NotFarEnough. These people think that the Bible contains every detail in the way one should live when in fact it contains principles by which one should live. This is the problem Jesus had with the Pharisees. Is it OK to heal on the Sabbath? Technically he was doing work! But when you see someone needs help is it not right to help them. It quickly gets down to what is the greatest wrong. Do you observe mindless rules or principles. That is the problem. Some get so caught up in the rules that they forget the purpose for the rules. You can divorce for unfaithfulness. This extends into the realm of fair play. Is every reason for separation covered? Abuse is clearly one that is not in the Bible. Many things aren't. You use principles to overcome area where rules are not stated. We are much freer to do a good work than simply follow rules.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Welcome and it sounds like you have a lot to vent about. Hopefully you can find this and other places a good place to let out that anger. And hopefully you can heal over time and begin to enjoy some things in life and start making good memories. Welcome
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
ena

Post by ena »

Well NotFarEnough, You might consider that unfaithfulness covers more ground than just the sexual. Dishonesty is a form of unfaithfulness. I see several kinds of unfaithfulness in what has happened to you. Wishing you the best in what may seem like forever to resolve.