Hello everyone

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Moogy

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Moogy »

I am glad the board has helped you. Your story is so sad, but unfortunately not uncommon for those who have left the COC. Welcome to our site. We understand, and we care.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Lovedbygod

Post by Lovedbygod »

Moogy wrote:I am glad the board has helped you. Your story is so sad, but unfortunately not uncommon for those who have left the COC. Welcome to our site. We understand, and we care.
Thank you, I really appreciate that.
Struggler

Post by Struggler »

Welcome aboard. We're glad you are here. Know that you are among friends who get it.
onward

Post by onward »

Welcome to the forum.
Lovedbygod wrote: I am very sad that good people are so blind. I know we are all blind in many ways, but there is a blindness that is just toxic and so very hurtful. I don't want to be bitter, but sometimes I feel very angry about it.
Some of them are blind, but more than a few are just plain mean spirited. Even our CoC friends - at least in thought - often feel obligated and under pressure to shun those who leave their group.
Freedom in Christ always trumps slavery to legalism
Tsathoggua

Post by Tsathoggua »

Welcome aboard! It is sad to hear how cruel people can be in the name of religion.