If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
lastromantic49

Post by lastromantic49 »

Hello all. I just found out about this board. I thought I'd take a look. ACU told me about it. I grew up in the CofC in Central Texas. Was a member for basically 40 years in which I did some of everything. I was song leader, occasional preacher, Sunday school teacher, bulletin writer/printer, and on occasion helped perform baptisms. I was brought in by my grandparents and in all that time never really felt like it was the right thing for me. The members were generally great. I enjoyed the singing, although much was honestly a bit boring. I never really understood the ban against instrumental music, but at the same time I am still fascinated by good acapella.
The doctrinal things I could never really reconcile with reality. I was, and am, a bookworm and I guess I just found out about too much that didn't jibe with doctrine. Not to mention that many of the sermons and doctrine didn't really fit even with the KJ bible without some real mental gymnastics. It was actually with great relief that I was unfellowshipped in the 90's because of my divorce. I've been for the most part non-religious since then, although I'm comfortable in just about any church. Glad to be here!
ACUAlumnus

Re: New Member

Post by ACUAlumnus »

lastromantic49 wrote:Hello all. I just found out about this board. I thought I'd take a look. ACU told me about it. I grew up in the CofC in Central Texas.
Welcome, lastromantic49! Glad you decided check us out. I grew up about 150 miles west of Dallas, in the middle of nowhere. ;)
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Welcome!
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex board (fellow bookworm here).
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
GMan

Post by GMan »

Welcome!
A life lived in fear,
is a life half lived.

Glen McGuire
flawed

Post by flawed »

Hi and welcome to the board. I, too, am a bookworm.
coffeegrammy

Post by coffeegrammy »

Hello and welcome!
katisha

Post by katisha »

Welcome. I think you will find many fellow readers in here.
Think for yourselves, and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."-- Voltaire, philosopher and historian
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Welcome from another Texan! :D
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, and yet another Texan!! Glad to have you.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~