New Member to Group

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
singing with drums

Re: New Member to Group

Post by singing with drums »

Opie wrote:Don't let anyone try to tell you that leaving the CoC is the same as leaving God. All you're doing is changing from one denomination to another denomination.
This is 100% true.
It is hard to tell them, but you must find your own community in which to fellowship, if fellowship is your desire.
Do not listen to the folks who say that you have left God. You have not done so.
I have found my worship community in a Methodist church. In fact, it took me about 12 years of worshipping there before I finally became a member. Opie's quote is correct, and when I had the same realization, I was ready to sign on the dotted line, so to speak.
My mom, CoC member, and one who was very sad when my siblings and I left the CoC, now asks about our churches, and wrote in her funeral prepation papers that she is most proud of the fact that we are all Christians. It did not come quickly, but acceptance came, then pride. Nice.
(My brother is Catholic, my sister is in a community church, and I am Methodist).
God is good.