I'm free!

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Transformed

Re: I'm free!

Post by Transformed »

toby wrote:Hi,

I mostly lurk here, but I am from the one cup, no hair cutting and pants wearing for women church. I left 30 years ago. I still love the people very much, but am so happy to be free of that mindset.

Welcome
It's great to see a post from someone who has also been in the one cup branch. It was such a small fellowship - if I mention it people look at me like I came from someplace that doesn't exist :)

It made my day to hear someone else has been released the burden of that mindset, I'm happy for you! Thank you for the welcome to this forum.
toby

Post by toby »

Yes, it is a small fellowship. We probably know some of the same people. But, I will warn you that some of the one cuppers read here, so it maybe best not to reveal too much of yourself if you don't want them to know your here. I received a lot of backlash.

There is so much joy in the freedom I feel these days. It took a long time for me to feel OK about myself, but now I do and I am happy.

I'm wishing you all the happiness that this freedom offers.
Transformed

Post by Transformed »

Yes, we probably do know some of the same people and our paths may have even crossed at some point in the past.

Thank you for the heads-up, the thought of people watching here did cross my mind, it's good to receive that confirmation. I'm sorry for the backlash, that's just sad.

Recovery to the point of being OK has taken a while for me as well, and it is still a work in progress in some areas. It’s so encouraging to hear where you are in your journey. Thank you for the courage to post and for your wishes of happiness. May your joy in this freedom continue to increase abundantly as well!
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Welcome.

I was raised in the non-sunday school church but ours used multiple cups. I used to visit a one cup church a lot and very near came joining it. While never technically a one cupper I know enough to be aware of any issues you would have had to deal with in fellowshipping with them. You go to a really nurturant, loving, and kind one cup church you have a good thing going as far as Church of christ goes. But if you got one that is a doctrinal fanatic,paranoid about false doctrine and have heavy handed elders you got a bad thing going.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

toby wrote:Yes, it is a small fellowship. We probably know some of the same people. But, I will warn you that some of the one cuppers read here, so it maybe best not to reveal too much of yourself if you don't want them to know your here. I received a lot of backlash.

There is so much joy in the freedom I feel these days. It took a long time for me to feel OK about myself, but now I do and I am happy.

I'm wishing you all the happiness that this freedom offers.

They read here a lot?

Well then, hi one cuppers! Now go away you are not supposed to be here. ;)
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
flawed

Post by flawed »

I seem to remember having to answer a question that said yes I had left or was in the process of leaving the hard line church of Christ before access to this board was given, so I guess lying isn't a sin to them if they are just on here snooping around on people?
agricola

Post by agricola »

flawed wrote:I seem to remember having to answer a question that said yes I had left or was in the process of leaving the hard line church of Christ before access to this board was given, so I guess lying isn't a sin to them if they are just on here snooping around on people?
Yes. Fortunately, such folks are actually rare - but they do exist.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Well, if they are one cuppers snooping here when they shouldn't I hope lightning doesn't fly our of their one cup on Sunday and consume them for lying. :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Welcome, Transformed!!
so I guess lying isn't a sin to them if they are just on here snooping around on people?
My two cents.....if an active, dyed in the wool cofcer with no plans to leave the cofc is on the "support board", he/she lied to get in and therefore is in danger of hell fire....according to their own rules. :twisted:
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
gordie91

Post by gordie91 »

AMEN, Sister Ivy!

Unless of course they come forward, just saying.