Just joined

If you have privacy concerns, use a user name. This Support Board is for ex-CoC and those wishing to be ex-CoC. Others are asked not to read or post here. Check your email or trash for the email link to activate your account.
Slwiser

Just joined

Post by Slwiser »

Hello everyone

I just came across this web site today. I am 65 YO retired engineer. As a teenager I started asking inconvenient questions after reading the scriptures and actually listening to the songs we were singing. During this time was the Pat Boone revolution.

My travels have taken me into ever depending relationship with my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. My heart loves to read His Word and hear the Holy Spirit speaking through His people and His Word into my life.

Hope we can encourage and lift each other up to glorify Him in all our being.

Steve
gordie91

Re: Just joined

Post by gordie91 »

Welcome aboard, have you been away from the CoC since your teenage years? I myself left intellectually in my early 30's and physically left in my middle 40's which was just a few months ago.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Welcome to the ex-board! We have all sorts here - the only common factor is having left a coc!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

So glad you have joined us!
Transformed

Post by Transformed »

Slwiser wrote:Hello everyone

My travels have taken me into ever depending relationship with my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. My heart loves to read His Word and hear the Holy Spirit speaking through His people and His Word into my life.

Steve
Glad you are here!

I had a similar experience except I didn't start questioning until in my thirties. But the end result was the same, you said it very well in your sentence above. When I understood redemption did not come through what I did, but through what Jesus did for me everything changed, including me. I am continuing to step out of some of the residual effects from where I used to be, but what's encouraging is that you have been out much longer than I have and it sounds like it just keeps getting better. :D

Thank you for your post.
3 John 1:2