The Holy Spirit in my life - Christian Perspective

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
teresa
Site Admin

Re: The Holy Spirit in my life - Christian Perspective

Post by teresa »

My husband's parents and some of his siblings withdrew from him after he left the NICOC. So during the holidays he felt sad and decided to start a website. My son suggested he needed to add an interactive feature, so he started the Support Board. And later we added the Discussion Board, where CoC folks could interact with the ex-CoC. Originally the Discussion Board was intended to keep the CoC folks off the Support Board (where they were causing distress to the ex-CoC), but then my husband and I realized that the Discussion Board was serving as a ministry to those in the CoC. Now the Discussion Board has virtually no activity, although people (real people, not bots) are still signing up from time to time and (presumably) reading it. And my guess is that some of those people, at least, are in the CoC. So I regret that the Discussion Board is not active, because I think it could be helpful to some in the CoC.

I am stretching to use the language that is meaningful for you in speaking of being led by the Spirit. I would describe it -- if I were using the language that comes naturally to me -- as experiencing God. But I think we are talking about the same thing.
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

teresa wrote:My husband's parents and some of his siblings withdrew from him after he left the NICOC. So during the holidays he felt sad and decided to start a website.
Well, we have all been blessed due to your husband's sadness. It's so wonderful how God uses our time of deep despair to do something to not only help us, but also to help others. The way the Holy Spirit put it all together through you and your family is just amazing. It is so nice that your family was obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading. Thank you so much! To me, the best part is the support and agreement sections. I have gone on other "Christian" websites and seen how people can be bullied for their beliefs.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Thank you for your feedback.
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:It is wonderful that the Holy Spirit used you to help others like that. I love how He speaks to us with a "still small voice" just like His word says. When you starting hearing His voice in the beginning, did you question it? I know I did. I can be somewhat rebellious. I started to notice those thoughts after I started studying the Word. Years ago, I prayed asking the Lord to help me to be a better steward with His money. As I was sitting there studying, I heard Him say, "why don't you begin with balancing your checkbook". I remember screaming out loud, "NO!!". For me, balancing my checkbook was like climbing Mount Everest! I had tried and failed numerous times in the past. So I ignored it. That same week when I went to my bank, there was a new teller there that suggested that I should begin to balance my checkbook. He suggested this a few times before I realized that the Holy Spirit had placed him there to push me forward. So I asked for God's help and He blessed me to be successful! :D

At what point did you and your husband start the website? Was the Holy Spirit speaking to both of you about starting it at first?
A lady that lives with me said that she often gets such suggestions three times. Wow! Happy for your success. That way she knows it's God.
Last edited by ena on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:
teresa wrote:My husband's parents and some of his siblings withdrew from him after he left the NICOC. So during the holidays he felt sad and decided to start a website.
Well, we have all been blessed due to your husband's sadness. It's so wonderful how God uses our time of deep despair to do something to not only help us, but also to help others. The way the Holy Spirit put it all together through you and your family is just amazing. It is so nice that your family was obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading. Thank you so much! To me, the best part is the support and agreement sections. I have gone on other "Christian" websites and seen how people can be bullied for their beliefs.
I really like the research the website has on its blog.