Attended Catholic church recently

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
Sean

Re: Attended Catholic church recently

Post by Sean »

There are nuns who are abused and taken advantage of by priests. There are nuns who sexually abuse children. Just like in any other organization or arrangement, power is power and abuse of that power is not unusual.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I was brought up Catholic then joined the Coc when I was about 20.
I no longer belong to either but still consider myself a believing Christian.
Anyway Catholics do follow the Bible but Church Tradition and Biblical interpretation is up to the Church hierarchy.
My wife is a practicing Catholic, attending 2-3 times a week, I go periodically to "keep the peace"
Yes they have Bible studies but not like a Bible Study in the Coc, at least not in my experience.
Last Catholic Bible Study I went to with my wife was basically the Priest telling us what the scriptures are saying. Very little interaction/input from the people, just acceptance.
To me it would be easier to "Challenge" interpretation at the Coc then at a Catholic gathering.
But maybe I am still biased because I was shot down by my share of Priests and Nuns when I was a kid.
ena

Post by ena »

Scott wrote:I was brought up Catholic then joined the Coc when I was about 20.
I no longer belong to either but still consider myself a believing Christian.
Anyway Catholics do follow the Bible but Church Tradition and Biblical interpretation is up to the Church hierarchy.
My wife is a practicing Catholic, attending 2-3 times a week, I go periodically to "keep the peace"
Yes they have Bible studies but not like a Bible Study in the Coc, at least not in my experience.
Last Catholic Bible Study I went to with my wife was basically the Priest telling us what the scriptures are saying. Very little interaction/input from the people, just acceptance.
To me it would be easier to "Challenge" interpretation at the Coc then at a Catholic gathering.
But maybe I am still biased because I was shot down by my share of Priests and Nuns when I was a kid.
The Catholic Church has a long history of masses in Latin. William Tyndale was burned alive for his English translation of the Bible. Much of it was worked into the King James version in his honor. His last words were: "Lord open the eyes of the King of England." John Wycliffe was exhumed and burned by the Catholic Church for his English translation. It was in middle English before their was spelling standardization. It can be rather disconcerting to read. The separation of the Church of England was caused by Henry the Eighth because he wanted to find a woman who give him a son.

Funny that the sex of a child is determined by the male and odds. Male sperm is slightly weighted towards male because males are less likely to survive. It evens out in most populations. Women live longer than men because estrogen is heart protective while it is produced. After menopause all bets are off. Women still have heart attacks but later in life. Eating fewer carbohydrates mean less glucose (blood sugar) and less insulin. Insulin is hostile to the artery lining. Sugar is now being blamed for heart disease in the body it becomes glucose. I have heart disease because I run at higher Insulin levels than a normal person. This means in general that diabetics live shorter lives. I am still alive because of medical techniques but medicine does not handle chronic diseases well. I am finding solutions in the nutritional world. I only started becoming aware of the nutritional when I talked a doctor into taking a cellular smear from under my tongue and sending the black plastic slide to Exatest. The sample is then placed into a scanning electron microscope and irradiated with Xray or electron beam. The minerals fluoresce. Different minerals fluoresce at specific frequencies. This determines your cellular mineral balance. MD's in general do not know about this. It is particularly accurate for magnesium. Painful leg cramps are cured this way. As I constantly lose magnesium I have to take an incredible amount. It also helps blood sugars. The cause of insulin resistance is magnesium loss. Diabetic urinate it out with glucose. The diabetic kidney clears itself of glucose with magnesium. A normal kidney will lose only 5%. Diabetic kidneys are not normal. In my opinion insulin causes heart disease and glucose cause magnesium loss cause mitochondrial dysfunction with high blood sugar. This is generally unknown. Medicine will learn this in about 200 years. I do have that long. Much of this comes from the research side of Exatest. Go to Exatest.com and click the mitochondria. I consider his research to be Nobel Prize winning stuff because he found the cause of insulin resistance. This is generally unknown nearly everywhere.
Last edited by ena on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ena

Post by ena »

Sean wrote:There are nuns who are abused and taken advantage of by priests. There are nuns who sexually abuse children. Just like in any other organization or arrangement, power is power and abuse of that power is not unusual.
Power corrupts. You see it in Venezuela when aid is in Columbia and Brazil. Maduro is letting his people starve and keeping out aid because our CIA has staged coups. They have! Our CIA has stupidly done this over and over since 1953. They even sucked in Eisenhower a Republican.
There have long been sexual problems everywhere including the CoC. I have heard stories about the one I attended. I don't know whether it is the truth are not. Pope Francis is doing his best to open up scrutiny into sexual issues in his Church in the whole world. He will need time to do this process because a whole can of worms has been opened. In some case records of prior abuses have been destroyed. Further abuses will be turned over to local authorities. Not every priest is an abuser. I consider lack of a mate to be inhumane. I understand the Idea of being married to Jesus. This is an allegory not reality. Humans need to be touched. For legal reasons the Church has hidden these affairs. I believe Trump had affairs with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal and hid the fact from the voter. He wanted the Christian right for the suckers they are. I believe McDougal.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

We should all be good and behave.
Last edited by B.H. on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
agricola

Post by agricola »

BH if I could understand what you just wrote, I think I'd be deleting it as inappropriate.
Fortunately for you, I cannot tell what it is that you actually meant to write.
Want to reconsider that?
Please?

Remember this is the 'agreement only' support side of the ex board. So be SUPPORTIVE.
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
Shane R

Post by Shane R »

Bible study in the Catholic church is primarily a post-Vatican II development. It is quite common on military installations for these studies to be conducted at lunch time and some sort of bag lunch to be provided for the participants. Unfortunately, the official Bible of the US church (NAB) is less than thrilling from a translation standpoint and from a literary standpoint. Still, it is an English Bible and there are thousands of Catholics probing its sentences each week.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

agricola wrote:BH if I could understand what you just wrote, I think I'd be deleting it as inappropriate.
Fortunately for you, I cannot tell what it is that you actually meant to write.
Want to reconsider that?
Please?

Remember this is the 'agreement only' support side of the ex board. So be SUPPORTIVE.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I vote this best post of the week!!!! Agri, you know BH way too well.... :P :P :P

(Still sorry I missed it; it must have been really bad....LOL)
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
ena

Post by ena »

Children of Priests. Its an open secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PADNmpeZEeM
ena

Post by ena »

Look up children of priests it is not just about little boys. Can have a mother and kid finds out the town priest is the father. When Jesus died there was a earthquake. It cracked the stone lintel that veil was hung from tearing the veil. The message from God was clear. You do not need a priest to access God. As I understand it the temple stood but was unstable until it was destroyed 70CE.