Moving forward by seeking, finding, and following JESUS

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
ena

Re: Moving Forward

Post by ena »

The only way to get saved in the CoC is to drown in the baptistry
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

ena wrote:The only way to get saved in the CoC is to drown in the baptistry
Well, if you drowned with any part of you left untouched by the water, like a portion of your hair, etc., then uh oh....
ena

Post by ena »

SolaDude wrote:
ena wrote:The only way to get saved in the CoC is to drown in the baptistry
Well, if you drowned with any part of you left untouched by the water, like a portion of your hair, etc., then uh oh....
If your hair offend thee cut it off. How about tissue donors. If I only had a heart or If I only had a brain from Wizard of Oz.
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:
I took full responsibility for being tricked due to not studying The WORD. The HOLY SPIRIT let me know where the breakdown occurred, so that I could learn from that lesson. I repented of that so that I could go forward.

I also admitted to GOD right away that I could not even say that I loved HIM, because I did not know HIM.

I sought The LORD with all my heart. I did not even know that was in The WORD at the time. I was not aware that The LORD was waiting for me to begin seeking HIM.

I took a section from your post. You covered so much ground including that which is not known It the Church of Christ. There ignorance is king. The Holy Spirit is a good teacher. I have been presented with learning opportunities in such a fashion that I cannot process them all at once. Do take care to test the information against the Bible. I can show you stuff straight out the pit that claims to be Christian and is not. Periodically there is a scandal. The problem can be personal or systemic. Look out for systemic problems because there is more under the surface. Beware of those that are using donations to buy a jet or a mansion. You can spend money on helping others when it is wasted on a mansion? When the focus is making money the lies will follow. That is a glaring tip off. The point it that you do have to be careful of the back angles. Be smart not paralysed.