Prayer Requests

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
teresa
Site Admin

Prayer Requests

Post by teresa »

This is a Support and Agreement forum.
B.H.

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by B.H. »

Are you wanting us to pray for the support and agreement forum?

But we are supposed to follow gods rules and not yours. God can cast into hell and all you can do is ban us.If you said to worship with an instrument we could not support or agree to that much less pray for it? It's best to do what god supports and agrees with :P

I guess since I'm not married I guess it would be wrong for everyone pray I get laid tonight too. Surely you all would not pray that I do something so wicked and sinful :oops:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

I need prayers regarding my struggles with food. JESUS had already delivered me from that idolatry years ago, but I have been slowly drifting back into bondage, back to my Egypt. I see a lot of people ordering and eating pizza, which is something I really miss. I just want that craving to be completely gone, and to eat exactly what JESUS has instructed me to eat.

JESUS set the perfect example when it came to prayer, He got up early to pray, prayed by Himself numerous times, and He would pray for hours. I can do the same; I just need to be more consistent.

So, Saints, I need your prayers that I will pray without ceasing just like JESUS did because then all of these cravings will be history.

Thank you!
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

I prayed for you tonight.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

I prayed to Allah, the most beneficent, most merciful, for you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

Praying for all the strength you need.....
seekingthetruth

Praise GOD! Thank you all so much for praying for me! I woke up on Monday morning with a spiritual power surge.
The day went so smoothly. Praise GOD!

Being able to ask for prayer is definitely one of the things that I miss about not meeting with other saints on a regular basis. I had to remember though that this is a community of people wanting to help each other.

I am so glad that The HOLY SPIRIT told me to ask for prayer and to be specific about what I was struggling with. It feels like a really heavy burden has been lifted off of me. Once again, thank you to everyone for your prayers!

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:Praise GOD! Thank you all so much for praying for me! I woke up on Monday morning with a spiritual power surge.
The day went so smoothly. Praise GOD!

Being able to ask for prayer is definitely one of the things that I miss about not meeting with other saints on a regular basis. I had to remember though that this is a community of people wanting to help each other.

I am so glad that The HOLY SPIRIT told me to ask for prayer and to be specific about what I was struggling with. It feels like a really heavy burden has been lifted off of me. Once again, thank you to everyone for your prayers!

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
I have seen prayers work. You do not always get a yes. God thinks both forwards and backwards. He will sometimes will back you into a solution. I did not confess my sins while in the CoC. It was a vicious place with people who thought they were perfect when they were the biggest sinners of all. I have been in group where people talked about former sin problems. Simple acceptance is common in some groups. The best prayer warrior I have ever seen is back in my life. She almost died. I told her that God wanted her around this world. With her it would be fine either way. Hard to understand unless you have experienced it.
seekingthetruth

Saints, those prayers offered up to GOD for me last week were so effective that I am back again with more specific requests so that with GOD'S help, I can take the next step forward.

I need prayers that I seek JESUS with my whole heart, and do whatever He has called me to do without hesitation. The hesitation is due to knowing that He will put me in situations that I would rather not experience, but that thought is just fearful thinking. He blessed me to go through homelessness twice and took beautiful care of me. I should not even be focused on what could happen, but just following His instructions.

I need JESUS' help to remove all the fear and pride within me so that I will say everything He places in my heart to say with boldness!

I have repented of my prideful and fearful thoughts.

Also, prayers that I regularly share the good news about JESUS at every opportunity, and to accept that everyone will not want to receive it so that I will "shake the dust off my feet" and move on.

Thank you all in advance for your prayers.

SolaDude

Post by SolaDude »

seekingthetruth wrote:I need prayers that I seek JESUS with my whole heart, and do whatever He has called me to do without hesitation.
Done....