The best of both worlds

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
Fellow Traveler

The best of both worlds

Post by Fellow Traveler »

As I've gotten further from the COC way of thinking and doing, I have really gotten to enjoy the best of what many denominations have to offer. I've had the privilege of being at high church catholic liturgies, mega church experiences, and everything in between. Frankly, I enjoy both ends of the spectrum. I've been attending both Catholic masses and multi site mega church with some regularity for a while now. Right or wrong, its been blessing me and keeping my cup full. I know this is a Christian section of the board, but I have also gotten to attend a couple of reform synagogues. I have become more inclusive in my belief and also enjoy the richness and traditions of other faiths also. I'm hoping to someday experience visiting Buddhist and Hindu temples if I make it to that part of the world in my travels.
SolaDude

Re: The best of both worlds

Post by SolaDude »

That is very interesting, Fellow. It would be great to hear your thoughts on some of these groups. What is new you never thought about before? What appeals to you?
Ivy

Re: The best of both worlds

Post by Ivy »

SolaDude wrote:That is very interesting, Fellow. It would be great to hear your thoughts on some of these groups. What is new you never thought about before? What appeals to you?
I also think this is interesting, and have a few thoughts on it. But since this is "Christian Paths", I don't feel I should really post here. I'll consider posting something maybe in the other New Paths.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~