False religions (changed to: Christ-follower only)

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
seekingthetruth

False religions (changed to: Christ-follower only)

Post by seekingthetruth »

I am a Christ follower only.

Even when I was still a Campbellite, I remembered thinking at one point as I was sitting in my pew, "Is this all there is?" Then I felt so guilty for even thinking that thought. Now I realize why I thought that. Praise God there is more!

The Holy Spirit decides who He will use in the church. In Jesus' Church everyone has the ability to speak in tongues, interpret, and prophesy. Paul even ends with saying, "forbid not to speak in tongues" (v39).

In Corinthians 14:1, Paul wrote, "...and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy." I still remember when my spiritual mentor pointed out that Scripture to me. I had never even noticed it before. Of course, I don't remember the Campbellites ever talked about this Scripture or about that whole chapter. 

The happiest day of my life was when Jesus baptized me with The Holy Spirit when someone laid hands on me and prayed for me when I was in a gathering.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note from Teresa
Seeking the Truth. I moved your whole post to the Discussion part of the Board -- Old Paths. And I left edited portion here that conforms to the rules for New Paths. New Paths is a place for telling us about your personal journey. It's not a place to say other people are wrong. You can do that in Old Paths, but then people are free to respond.

I am happy for you that you have found your spiritual home.

agricola and Shane R, I moved your posts to Discussion Board also.