Spiritual Mentoring

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
Slwiser

Re: Spiritual Mentoring

Post by Slwiser »

seekingthetruth wrote:Other than Zac Poonen/Watchman Nee, have you been mentored by anyone in person?
Except for God Himself, none that I would call mentoring.

I have had close friendships with people in various churches.
ena

Post by ena »

i have a mentor too. She could get answer to her prayers like no one I have ever seen. God does look down on how you treat others. The CoC treats other Christians so badly ie other churches they do not get answers to prayer in the affirmative. When you insult groups wholesale you will miss Christians that God is aware of. He occasionally shows one to me to let me know. I often sense them. Might be a spiritual gift. I don't believe there is a complete list. Stuff just seems too happen when you discover yours.
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

ena wrote:i have a mentor too. She could get answer to her prayers like no one I have ever seen.
Wow! God is so good! He knows just what we need. If you would like to share, how did God bring you two together? How long has she been mentoring you? Could you share how a prayer was answered?
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:
ena wrote:i have a mentor too. She could get answer to her prayers like no one I have ever seen.
Wow! God is so good! He knows just what we need. If you would like to share, how did God bring you two together? How long has she been mentoring you? Could you share how a prayer was answered?
I appreciate the sentiment. She is my wife's friend. She is homeless and lives with us. Answers to prayer are often adjustments and not earth moving. That is why many do notice them. Petros had a revelation about grace. God things can be stuff like that. I have had several. It will often lead to criticism from those that do not understand. We come from that culture and are in it in a big way today. I asked God why the Bible was not inerrant. What I got was an image at night of a extemely proud father. What it meant was: "I am extremely proud of my son." This is what salvation is based on. What Jesus requests God will allow. They are separate but equal. Jesus is the human representation of God. The council of Nicea is wrong. It was political. Anytime politics and religion are mixed you come up with the wrong answer. You can see it on this site. The Catholic Church became a political enity. The Reformation was a revolution. People do not like to be told what to do. If you left the Church of Christ you will experience freedom. Yes, it comes with family hang ups. Jesus said:

Matthew 10:34 (KJV)
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.