Speaking in tongues

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
Slwiser

Re: Speaking in tongues

Post by Slwiser »

From SeekingTheTruth
"Have you met any seers?".
Can't say that i have.
Last edited by Slwiser on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
teresa
Site Admin

Post by teresa »

Slwiser
Ive wrote:Not sure that this is appropriate to say here in New Paths
Ivy was talking about her own post, I think. And yes, I do regard Ivy's post as supportive.
Slwiser

Post by Slwiser »

teresa wrote:Slwiser
Ivy was talking about her own post, I think. And yes, I do regard Ivy's post as supportive.
Ok I see that now, post edited. Thanks, I got my misunderstanding from the quote she made which is what I focused on.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Slwiser wrote:
teresa wrote:Slwiser
Ok I see that now, post edited. Thanks, I got my misunderstanding from the quote she made which is what I focused on.
Thanks. I just wanted to let slwiser know I understand where he is coming from. :) While I am no longer involved with that belief system, I was once deeply involved, and I do feel those experiences helped me greatly in breaking out of the cofc "box".
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

While I am no longer involved with that belief system, I was once deeply involved, and I do feel those experiences helped me greatly in breaking out of the cofc "box".

Ivy, If you would like to share, I would love to hear how your experience helped you to leave the coc.

Slwiser, I am familiar with the jezebel spirit. My former mentor warned me about them. It really helped me to learn about the different spirits out there so that I will not be offended by their actions. I was just dealing with one yesterday. She is a friend who is a campbellite, and she was very unhappy with me yesterday. She also has an religious spirit. It was the first time she verbally lashed out at me. It wasn't until you brought up the jezebel spirit that I realized that was what it was. Thank you for bringing that up. Yes, there are a lot of these religious spirits in the coc. This board exists because the religious/jezebel spirit is in control of the coc.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

What is the religious/jezebel spirit?
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

seekingthetruth wrote:While I am no longer involved with that belief system, I was once deeply involved, and I do feel those experiences helped me greatly in breaking out of the cofc "box".

Ivy, If you would like to share, I would love to hear how your experience helped you to leave the coc.
I'll be glad to, seeking. Let me ponder on it a bit.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Ivy wrote:
seekingthetruth wrote:While I am no longer involved with that belief system, I was once deeply involved, and I do feel those experiences helped me greatly in breaking out of the cofc "box".

I'll be glad to, seeking. Let me ponder on it a bit.

I can just see Ivy speaking in tongues and being full of the Holy ghost. :D
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
seekingthetruth

Post by seekingthetruth »

Finally free, they are different spirits. The jezebel spirit is the worst. This spirit is more cunning and deceitful than the religious spirit. Like slwiser said this spirit will use extreme control and manipulation to dominate others. Although it is named after the jezebel character introduced in 1 Kings 16:31, it can also be a man. At one time I was involved with a man who had this spirit.

h**p://truthinreality.com/2012/09/24/30-consistent-traits-of-the-jezebel-spirit/

The religious spirit is more obvious. As we all know, the Pharisees were very religious.
h**p://www.charismanews.com/opinion/the-pulse/ ... ous-spirit

We need to be aware of these evil spirits in order to go to the Holy Spirit for guidance. Look at how slwiser dealt with his mother knowing that she has this cunning spirit. God made him aware of what he was dealing with so he could protect his family. One of the ways he probably did this was by making his prayers more specific than general. He knew that if he went in there blind, he would be blindsided.

Ephesians 6:12 always come to my mind when I think about these spirits. Also, when Jesus sent out the 12, he told them to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves, and that still applies to us today.
Slwiser

Post by Slwiser »

Seekingthetruth; "We need to be aware of these evil spirits in order to go to the Holy Spirit for guidance."

How I first became aware of evil spirits around us was when the Holy Spirit made me aware that every voice I was hearing in my mind was not mine. The spirit of suicide was probably the first one I encounterd back as a teenager. Another one was sexual perversion. These pressured me to do things that I knew were wrong but kept on putting pressure on me to follow their suggestions. Our gracious Lord allowed me to see these dynamics. Oh, another one I remember early was the spirit of unbelief. Oh how gracious our Lord has been to me!.

I am happy for you to also been lead to begin a victorious life in Christ.