Speaking in tongues

Share your personal journey of faith as a Christian. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them. To engage in discussion with others who have a differing viewpoint, use the "Old Paths Reconsidered" Forum.
seekingthetruth

Re: Speaking in tongues

Post by seekingthetruth »

Our conversation on grace has me doing a study about it. The Holy Spirit has shown me that if I really understood grace, I should not need a grace tune-up. So along with studying the scriptures on it, I have been reading a book about it by Max Lucado. HA! I had never read any of his books before. He is really good at explaining what grace is all about. Another author said that when a person starts to understand grace more, he/she will see it everywhere. That is so true. The Holy Spirit is showing me those grace moments in my life.
ena

Post by ena »

seekingthetruth wrote:Our conversation on grace has me doing a study about it. The Holy Spirit has shown me that if I really understood grace, I should not need a grace tune-up. So along with studying the scriptures on it, I have been reading a book about it by Max Lucado. HA! I had never read any of his books before. He is really good at explaining what grace is all about. Another author said that when a person starts to understand grace more, he/she will see it everywhere. That is so true. The Holy Spirit is showing me those grace moments in my life.
I see God in many places. He is not found in a box but out in the world. This means that no matter how fancy the building he comes and goes as he chooses. I see God as present in another dimension. If there were 2 dimensional beings that you see. A being could hind all their worldly goods in a closet. You being 3 dimensional being could see it. That is why God is aware of all about us. He also can transition time. I like your comments.
ena

Post by ena »

Slwiser wrote:SeekingTheTruth "A question for you. Why are you so worried about presumption? God knows your heart. We are under grace,which is so wonderful."

You are very correct in the grace we have and the peace He provides. My long time relationship with our precious Lord has been and is wonderful. But I don't want to think I take His love for granted. This could lead me into complacency in the relationship. Complacency in any relationship can be deadly. It may not impact His love for me but it can impact how I respond to Him. This is part of my attempting to take captive any thought that may keep me from realizing HIs wonderful love for me.
I like your attitude and realization. I too have experienced things that words are inadequate for.
seekingthetruth

I was on the trolley last week enjoying the ride and the view until the next stop when a young man entered and sat two rows ahead of me. After a few short minutes, he took out his vape and deeply inhaled. As I am watching the vape cloud billowing out in the air, The HOLY SPIRIT urged me to speak up. I did hesitate for about five seconds; I remember waiting to see if I would be able to smell the scented aroma of his vape from where I was sitting.

When confronting others about some kind of sin, The HOLY SPIRIT has taught me to always be respectful and polite. So, I said, "Sir, (even though he was young enough to be my grandson), you are not supposed to be smoking on the trolley, and I can smell the smoke back here." He then took another drag on his vape, and told me in a very loud voice, that I could not smell the smoke, and that he did not need to hear this mess, today of all days. He also responded with an obscenity directed at me. Then he asked me "what I was going to do about it?" I told him that I would let the trolley operator know. He said "tell him, I don't care what the bleep (obscenity) you do!"

Then The HOLY SPIRIT told me to pray in tongues, which I did quietly under my breath. The young man was staring intently at me and I noticed that he could see my lips moving, because I had pulled down my mask when The HOLY SPIRIT pushed me to confront him. I did this because I wanted him to know who was speaking to him. He was not wearing a mask at all.

I never took my eyes off of him during this time. Then as I continued to pray, he asked me if I worked at some pet store in a much softer tone of voice. I did not respond to his question at all, but just kept praying. Less than about two minutes later, he said, "you're right; I should not be smoking in here." He even seemed somewhat embarrassed by his earlier behavior. I thanked him for his response and then he quietly exited the trolley.

WOW! I was so surprised that prayer worked that fast. Thank You, HOLY SPIRIT for urging me to speak up and for subduing this young man's demons so quickly!

Then The HOLY SPIRIT told me that if that happens again, do not say that I am going to tell any human authority first, but tell the person that I am going to tell JESUS! Thank You My JESUS for letting me experience your Power in action.

Once again, thanking My JESUS for baptizing me in the The HOLY SPIRIT in the first place, and for teaching me how all of it works.

So, there were at least three lessons that The HOLY SPIRIT taught me about this experience. I know that there are more than three lessons, but these are the ones that He wants me to understand right away.

First, as a true follower of JESUS, each person can and must walk His earth in Power, which was how He walked. One of the reasons JESUS came to earth, as GOD in the flesh, is to teach each of His disciples how to walk in Power, which is the Power of The HOLY SPIRIT.

The second lesson was The HOLY SPIRIT teaching me to see the difference when I prayed in English versus praying in tongues. When the confrontation began, I had prayed in English that the young man would just exit the trolley at the next stop since he was not receptive at all to what I had said to him. But when The HOLY SPIRIT guided me to pray in the Spirit, even though I did not have the interpretation of what I was praying at the time, He wanted to show me what the Power of praying in the Spirit can accomplish, and how to get the victory over the demonic realm.

My spiritual understanding was limited, so I was praying in English in my limited spiritual understanding. But when praying in the Spirit, GOD'S outcome will be much greater than my understanding can even grasp. I would have never prayed for The LORD to subdue (quiet) those demons within this young man because my mind was not even focused on spiritual things at all. Basically, I was praying in english for complete avoidance of the problem. When I am in any really difficult situation, my thought tends to be, "LORD, please just make it stop!" But GOD does not do that because there is a greater lesson that He wants to teach. He wants my faith in Him to grow, but it cannot grow if it is not tested.

The young man did exit the trolley two stops later. So GOD did answer the prayer that I prayed in english, but only after answering the prayer that The HOLY SPIRIT had me to pray in tongues first. He needed to teach me about His spiritual power. The first prayer JESUS answered was the one that I did not even know I was praying for.

"Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Romans 8:26, 27).

The situation and the outcome on the trolley last week taught me to understand what this scripture means. The HOLY SPIRIT knows exactly what is going on within each person, and so the prayer He guides a person to pray in tongues will address the root of the problem spiritually.

The third lesson The HOLY SPIRIT taught me was why He had me praying in the Spirit in the first place. His goal was to instruct me on how things work in the spiritual realm. The demons were in control of this young man, but The HOLY SPIRIT ALWAYS has the POWER to not only subdue demons, but to cast them out if that is His will.

Anytime a person is using profanity with no remorse, it is a demon. Demons, and there is always more than one within a person, has to submit to the Power of The HOLY SPIRIT. That was why the tone of this young man's voice was so loud and he was so combative at first. So when The HOLY SPIRIT had me to pray in the SPIRIT, those demons knew exactly what I was doing and recognized The HOLY SPIRIT within me. They attempted to stop me from praying in tongues by asking me if I worked in a pet store. When I did not respond at all, they became quiet so that the young man could respond without any influence this time from the demons.
agricola

Post by agricola »

Why do you think vaping is sinful?
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
seekingthetruth

Agricola, thank you so much for your question! You have no idea what your question set in motion for me in the spiritual realm. It really caused a spiritual avalanche within me, even though I was initially annoyed by your question. But The HOLY SPIRIT has been continually teaching me to look forward to praying in tongues about different things, especially about anything I see as annoying or frustrating. He began to share with me that He was very involved in all of it. Someone must be praying about the sin of smoking and wanting to be set free from it.

This is all very exciting! As my spiritual mentor used to say to me many times, "GOD is moving!" Back then I had know idea what she meant by that statement. I was so dead spiritually.

The HOLY SPIRIT loves to teach and I love to learn any spiritual concept He is teaching. The studies that your question led me to do in GOD'S Word have been such a blessing to me. I want to share what The HOLY SPIRIT taught me so far about the spiritual roots of sin. He has been teaching me about sin these last few years, but your question just led Him to take me on a different and deeper route.

I began to notice specifically when The HOLY SPIRIT has me praying in tongues about your question because He leads me to a Scripture about sin or to a Scripture about a person who has sinned and the consequences of their sin. He also used my own sin to teach me about the spiritual root of sin and its consequences.

In my praise report I share what The LORD taught me about my sin of disobedience and how my sin affected me physically.

My prayer is that what The HOLY SPIRIT blesses me to share will be helpful to someone who wants to understand the spiritual root of smoking. Thanks again for your question.

I am not sure when The HOLY SPIRIT is going to put it all together though. I will start a separate thread when He tells me it is time to post it.