Finally out!

Share your personal journey of faith or skepticism. Ask about other Paths. This is a place for Support and Agreement only.
jeremiah

Finally out!

Post by jeremiah »

I was active on this forum years ago. Just logged in and it says the last time I was here was in 2017, so it's been a while. :)

This past September my wife and kids finally left the legalistic CoC. Took long enough, lol.

Anyway, I made a video sharing a bit of our journey and my thoughts on all this. Not just leaving, but coming fully out - both for the cathartic benefit of getting it out of my system and out into the world, and to hopefully help a few others who are struggling through all this.

Here it is should you wish to view: https://youtu.be/158pFz5xIv8
agricola

Re: Finally out!

Post by agricola »

jeremiah wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:51 am I was active on this forum years ago. Just logged in and it says the last time I was here was in 2017, so it's been a while. :)

This past September my wife and kids finally left the legalistic CoC. Took long enough, lol.

Anyway, I made a video sharing a bit of our journey and my thoughts on all this. Not just leaving, but coming fully out - both for the cathartic benefit of getting it out of my system and out into the world, and to hopefully help a few others who are struggling through all this.

Here it is should you wish to view: https://youtu.be/158pFz5xIv8
Welcome back, congratulations, and how cool!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.
B.H.

Re: Finally out!

Post by B.H. »

I am happy for you.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx