woman preacher in a coc

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Ramblin' Jack

Re: woman preacher in a coc

Post by Ramblin' Jack »

Last edited by Ramblin' Jack on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ramblin' Jack

Post by Ramblin' Jack »

Last edited by Ramblin' Jack on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Minister of Administration

I can't stand how they have borrowed cheesy terms from the business world. I can't stand cheesiness in the business world either but churches? Geesh.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
lvmaus

Post by lvmaus »

Ramblin' Jack wrote: ... what the heck is a Minister of Administration?
Legalistic churches generally don't grant "titles" to its members - other than elders and deacons ... it's a denominational thing. Larger CoC's have a tendency to pass out all the fancy titles, Minister of Education, minister of Music, Minister of ____________ , and perhaps even a Minister of Ministers.

Allowing a woman to preach would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER happen at any of the CoC's I met with ... NEVER!
Unity in diversity
bnot

Post by bnot »

lvmaus wrote:
Ramblin' Jack wrote: ... what the heck is a Minister of Administration?
Legalistic churches generally don't grant "titles" to its members - other than elders and deacons ... it's a denominational thing. Larger CoC's have a tendency to pass out all the fancy titles, Minister of Education, minister of Music, Minister of ____________ , and perhaps even a Minister of Ministers.

Allowing a woman to preach would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER happen at any of the CoC's I met with ... NEVER!
Same here lvmaus. I'd imagine if a woman preached at the coc i've been in people would be fainting in the pews left and right
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Why would anyone want to be a preacher ayway?
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
bnot

Post by bnot »

Since the youtube comments have been disabled, the internet blogs have started to appear. Google 'open letter to 4th avenue Church of Christ' and you'll see some. I'm surprised how civil the comments sections are so far, such as http://brotherhoodnews.com/2014/12/04/t ... -preacher/. Usually the most vicious comments I've seen by coc'ers are on youtube (obviously the reason they turned off the comments) and amazon (book reviews). The coc facebook group has a topic on it as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/345511555498163/
edit: the real carnage from the coc! check out Patrick mead's twitter post https://twitter.com/travelingmead
Re: your email. I'll get to it in approx 3yrs
lol, glad to see he has a sense of humor.