Jesus birthday

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
B.H.

Re: Jesus birthday

Post by B.H. »

The thing is that it is unauthorized to make Jesus a birthday cake. God looks down from heaven and sees that cake he did not tell you to bake oh my next thing you know you are so smote and on the way to hell. The devil like birthday cake that is not authorized. He'll eat his fill.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

B.H. wrote:The thing is that it is unauthorized to make Jesus a birthday cake. God looks down from heaven and sees that cake he did not tell you to bake oh my next thing you know you are so smote and on the way to hell. The devil like birthday cake that is not authorized. He'll eat his fill.
LOL
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

B.H. wrote:The thing is that it is unauthorized to make Jesus a birthday cake. God looks down from heaven and sees that cake he did not tell you to bake oh my next thing you know you are so smote and on the way to hell. The devil like birthday cake that is not authorized. He'll eat his fill.
Well, it's not scriptural at all, that's for sure. I want to have Jesus Birthday cake on Christmas day just to see how many people I can get mad at me.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

C of C'ers on social media talking about how Dec 25 is not Jesus birthday and going through all kinds of elaborate explanations to "prove it" typing out lengthy paragraphs that I don't have time to read. I should have seen this coming.

So I stated that Jesus's birthday is December 25th. That is the day he was born. I got anger and venom being spewed out at me from everywhere.
FinallyFree

Post by FinallyFree »

faithfyl wrote:C of C'ers on social media talking about how Dec 25 is not Jesus birthday and going through all kinds of elaborate explanations to "prove it" typing out lengthy paragraphs that I don't have time to read. I should have seen this coming.

So I stated that Jesus's birthday is December 25th. That is the day he was born. I got anger and venom being spewed out at me from everywhere.
It doesn't matter whether or not it is the actual day of Jesus' birth. People have celebrated this for centuries. I go to a church now where we use the church year calendar, and it is a good way to cover all the main teachings of Christianity throughout the year. I look at it differently now.
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I argued that Dec 25 is his birthday. on FB. Now they are getting mad at me.

But they don't know that I'm just trying to get their goat.

There are only a few other things that can make a C of C'er angrier than someone celebrating Dec 25 as Christ's birthday.
KLP

Post by KLP »

Well see the thing is that Dec 25th is not his birthday and it is provable. You see under the Jews system the day ended at sunset and the next day started. So really it was Dec 24th on our calendar but the Jewish calendar in the manger was already turned to the 25th. And they are about 7+ time zones away from the USA. So Dec 24th is the day.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

My birthday is November 19th. Let's make a deal and so keep peace in the church and not cause the weaker members to stumble or grumble. Since it offends some people to celebrate Jesus's birthday why dont you all just give the cakes and gifts you had planned for him to me and I will make good use of them.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

I don't care if it offends them if I celebrate it as Jesus' birthday. They need to get over it. They want to push this issue in everyone's face all the time. I don't know why it is so important to them.
KLP

Post by KLP »

I can see either not doing xmas at all OR going all the way. I don't get the "we don't celebrate it that way" OR Fussing about the date and details such as dates, head count of 3 Magi, what town they were in or not, etc. If one is going to accept any of it then frickin accept all of it...or just abstain. But arguing over details like so many want to do...I guess to show they are serious about the details or not being hoodwinked or more thoughtful...just spare everyone and get on with it one way or the other.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.