Theater and arts

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
faithfyl

Re: Theater and arts

Post by faithfyl »

Struggler wrote:Harding had some kind of drama or theater department. When I was considering colleges, I looked at Harding out of consideration for friends of the family. They had no real communications/journalism program, but like all C of C schools, they had a "Speech" program, which is NOT the same thing.
."
I considered journalism for a degree, but that must be why I nixed the idea if HU didn't have a journalism program. There was also only one - 1 - English major in one of the graduating classes. HU was good for only a handful of degree programs, mainly business type degrees, when I attended there. It was not a good school for liberal arts at all.
delilah

Re: Theater and arts

Post by delilah »

My best friend and his wife graduated from ACU with theater degrees, and I can say from firsthand experience that "theater people" at ACU are pretty similar to those anywhere else behind closed doors. When my friend moved to LA to be an actor, people at his parents' church were horrified, to the point of saying that his folks were bad parents if they didn't stop him this instant! Of course, he was twenty-four, so not sure what they could have done. I don't know if the church folks were more horrified by the acting degree or living in the sinful fleshpots of Los Angeles.