Attendance monitors

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Struggler

Re: Attendance monitors

Post by Struggler »

When I was in college, I worked most days, but never on Wednesdays. Anything that wasn't work or school-related had to be on Wednesday afternoon, because if I missed a service, I'd get a call, and someone would tattle to my parents.
Soaps

Post by Soaps »

klp wrote:no no no and again I say no 7 times ...Heb 10:25 is clearly about Sunday night and Wednesday night and all nights of Gospel Meetings. Have you not read? If ye have ears...

Let 'em hear what "I" have to say, rather than what the verses actually mean? Oh yeah :lol:
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Soaps wrote:
klp wrote:no no no and again I say no 7 times ...Heb 10:25 is clearly about Sunday night and Wednesday night and all nights of Gospel Meetings. Have you not read? If ye have ears...

Let 'em hear what "I" have to say, rather than what the verses actually mean? Oh yeah :lol:
I thought they were really pushing it back when they cut the week long "gospel meetings" down to 2-3 nights!!! Surely that
was a precursor to imminent candlestick deletion. I wonder if they have pretty much ditched them altogether now.....
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Ivy wrote:
Soaps wrote:

I thought they were really pushing it back when they cut the week long "gospel meetings" down to 2-3 nights!!! Surely that
was a precursor to imminent candlestick deletion. I wonder if they have pretty much ditched them altogether now.....
Oh they are still going.There's one at my church this week. Pretty much pointless. Its not like they are baptizing anybody. They really should get rid of them.
flawed

Post by flawed »

Oh they are still going.There's one at my church this week. Pretty much pointless. Its not like they are baptizing anybody. They really should get rid of them.[/quote]

A lot of the "Gospel Preachers" would fight that, seeing that that's how they make their extra money.
OneStrike_ur_out

Post by OneStrike_ur_out »

Hebrews 10:25 is the cOC's mantra. One time, a former member got a letter reminding him of Hebrews 10:25. It was the craziest thing. What had happened was, this guy and his family had moved out of state a year or two earlier. Then, one of the members had talked to his wife through social media. His wife let it slip that her husband was not attending anywhere. Well, of course, word spread like wildfire. There was head scratching and speculation and "oh, but he was such a faithful member when they were here, blah, blah, blah". Then one day in a men's business meeting someone actually pitched the idea of sending him a "Hebrews 10:25 letter". :lol: They didn't like it whenever anyone other than the show runners spoke, but I just had to point out the craziness of it. I said "First of all, the guy doesn't even live in this state anymore, which of course means that he is no longer a member, which means that it's not this congregation's place to call him out on it. Second of all, I seriously doubt that a letter from his former congregation is going to change anything". The response I got was "well, since this was the last congregation that he was a member of, it does sort of fall on us to confront this erring brother". So, it was decided that a "Hebrews 10:25 letter" would be sent. It was read aloud at the next meeting. It started off by telling him that it was understood that he has not attended anywhere ever since he and his family moved. Even despite the fact that his wife and children had placed membership somewhere. The letter asked if something happened during his time there that made him not want to continue on in the faith. There were some happy memories thrown in of his time there. Then of course, it ended with the most important part. "As Hebrews 10:25 tells us, we are NOT to forsake the assembly". Surprise, surprise, they never heard back from the guy. :mrgreen:
"HE HAS GOTTEN PULLED AWAY!!"-The cOC's go-to answer whenever someone leaves.