And the band played on

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Cootie Brown

And the band played on

Post by Cootie Brown »

Last night my wife & I attended a concert put on by the U. S. Army's Jazz Band. They travel around the country & the tickets are free. My wife is a member of a large Methodist Church that hosted the concert. I estimate the turnout to be a thousand or more people.

The musical was terrific & if the band comes to your area I encourage you to go and hear them. The exits & parking lot was filled with folks leaving the building after the concert. We heard someone calling our name as we headed for our car. It was a couple that belonged to a c of c congregation where we were members years ago. Needless to say we had not seem them in many years.

They hurried and caught up with us to say hi. During the quick conversation they asked where we were going to church now. My wife smiled and said right here. A confused expression came to their face and the wife asked, "What do you mean by right here?" My wife smiled and said, "This Church right here. I'm a member of this Merhodist Church."

They just turned around and walked away without saying another word. My wife & I looked at each other & burst out laughing.
agricola

Re: And the band played on

Post by agricola »

Wow. What a story!
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.