Strange Encounter

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Moogy

Re: Strange Encounter

Post by Moogy »

faithfyl wrote:
B.H. wrote:What were you doing abusing your children by feeding them McDonalds? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P
They are pretty much addicted to McDonald's food. I'm a vegetarian so eat nothing there.
When I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian with a young child, he ate McDonalds happy meal cheeseburgers without the meat. I don't remember what I ate there but Wendy's had a fantastic Greek pita with feta cheese back then. ;)
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

Moogy, I send you a PM.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Hate to tell you this vegetarians but your salads contain microbial animals that you cannot get completely rid of no matter how much you wash. You were eating animals even though you did not mean to. :oops:
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

B.H. wrote:Hate to tell you this vegetarians but your salads contain microbial animals that you cannot get completely rid of no matter how much you wash. You were eating animals even though you did not mean to. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moogy
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Moogy wrote:
B.H. wrote:Hate to tell you this vegetarians but your salads contain microbial animals that you cannot get completely rid of no matter how much you wash. You were eating animals even though you did not mean to. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And now we're discovering that plants are sentient, so there is really nothing left to eat. :lol:
This could result in a sort of reverse darwinism effect for true, committed vegetarians. And I used to be one as well, so have had to
think about this.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

Yes, they have discovered plants (or at least some) do have primitive senses of mind and self.

I'm glad you vegeatarians are taking the new about the microbes so well. Last vegetarian I told this was depressed at the news, so depressed he looked like a Cyclomedusa who had somehow lost connection with his base stalk.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
faithfyl

Post by faithfyl »

B.H. wrote:Yes, they have discovered plants (or at least some) do have primitive senses of mind and self.

I'm glad you vegeatarians are taking the new about the microbes so well. Last vegetarian I told this was depressed at the news, so depressed he looked like a Cyclomedusa who had somehow lost connection with his base stalk.
When you eat vegetarian, you are eating the fruit of the food so the plant is not being "killed". It eventually produces more. You could only "kill" it if you pulled it up from the roots.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

faithfyl wrote:
B.H. wrote:Yes, they have discovered plants (or at least some) do have primitive senses of mind and self.

When you eat vegetarian, you are eating the fruit of the food so the plant is not being "killed". It eventually produces more. You could only "kill" it if you pulled it up from the roots.
Ah, ok. That makes sense.
~Stone Cold Ivyrose Austin~
Moogy

Post by Moogy »

Ivy wrote:
faithfyl wrote:

Ah, ok. That makes sense.
Under this logic, milk, eggs (infertil), and cheese should be ok, yes?
Moogy
agricola

Post by agricola »

Vegans don't eat any animal product, even if the animal doesn't have to be killed to get it. They don't even eat HONEY.

I could not be a vegan.

Also some vegetables are plant roots, and you DO pull up the whole thing: potatoes, beets, carrots, turnips, onions, garlic...
History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.