Early Christianity

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
Moogy

Re: Early Christianity

Post by Moogy »

B.H. wrote:Do You before we went to war in Afghanistan the papers were saying the Taliban had eradicated 90% of the poppy in Afghanistan used to make illegal drugs with. Now the news is saying the Taliban is making the drugs to sell to the west. Okay which is it?
Maybe neither. Maybe both. Maybe they decided it would be more efficient to kill off Americans with a popular vice.
Moogy
NI COC for over 30 years, but out for over 40 years now
Mostly Methodist for about 30 years.
Left the UMC in 2019 based on their decision to condemn LGBT+ persons and to discipline Pastors who perform same-sex marriages
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

It could be someone is just lying. :|
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
zeek

Post by zeek »

Last edited by zeek on Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
KLP

Post by KLP »

I am with Zeek...both are true. There was a price spike due to supply shortage. The crazy Muslims under the leadership of Mullah Omar decided to end the opium trade and they also did stuff like blow up ancient Buddha statues. There is no end to what crazy stuff zealous and ignorant religious people will do when they are trying to spread their religion of peace all around the world. But cutting opium was something the Taliban did force...it was not the farmers who decided to end production. After the US forces started kicking the Taliban in their collective butt, Omar went into hiding like all the rest of those cowards. The USA never really established total control and have since been in retreat...err victory exit. The farmers were never really opposed to opium and regional warlords need money and opium is a fairly easy source. I am sure if Omar if still alive and he ever comes out of hiding and gains control again that opium production will again be forbidden for religious reasons.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.
B.H.

Post by B.H. »

klp wrote:I am with Zeek...both are true. There was a price spike due to supply shortage. The crazy Muslims under the leadership of Mullah Omar decided to end the opium trade and they also did stuff like blow up ancient Buddha statues. There is no end to what crazy stuff zealous and ignorant religious people will do when they are trying to spread their religion of peace all around the world. But cutting opium was something the Taliban did force...it was not the farmers who decided to end production. After the US forces started kicking the Taliban in their collective butt, Omar went into hiding like all the rest of those cowards. The USA never really established total control and have since been in retreat...err victory exit. The farmers were never really opposed to opium and regional warlords need money and opium is a fairly easy source. I am sure if Omar if still alive and he ever comes out of hiding and gains control again that opium production will again be forbidden for religious reasons.

Mullah Omar did at least one thing right. He did fight the illegal drug trade.
The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.----Karl Marx
KLP

Post by KLP »

B.H. wrote:Mullah Omar did at least one thing right. He did fight the illegal drug trade.
Good ol' Mullah Omar...I am sure he will soon be issuing a condemnation of his Taliban's murder of many school children and the burning of teachers today.
Isn't the world wonderful...I am all for rational optimism and I am staying positive.