The Mine Field

A place to snark and vent about CoC doctrine and/or our experiences in the CoC. This is a place for SUPPORT and AGREEMENT only, not a place to tell someone their experience and feelings are wrong, or why we disagree with them.
SolaDude

The Mine Field

Post by SolaDude »

From my perspective, that is what one who is in the CofC is in....God/religion/Christianity is viewed as a mine field through which you run....good luck brother. God is never there, really....and in fact He is the one who set it up. It is all about you and your performance. "If you step on a mine we'll pray that God will hopefully, somehow save you, but of course we'll never know, no one will ever know the final decision"....I'm sorry, it just blows my mind.....(no pun intended)....
ena

Re: The Mine Field

Post by ena »

SolaDude wrote:From my perspective, that is what one who is in the CofC is in....God/religion/Christianity is viewed as a mine field through which you run....good luck brother. God is never there, really....and in fact He is the one who set it up. It is all about you and your performance. "If you step on a mine we'll pray that God will hopefully, somehow save you, but of course we'll never know, no one will ever know the final decision"....I'm sorry, it just blows my mind.....(no pun intended)....
Jesus sets off mines so you can walk through safely or you can stand at the edge worried about mines that do not exist. That was my experience.